Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Magic the Gathering  (Read 21208 times)

Offline bunnyrabbit

• <3
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Magic the Gathering
« on: December 19, 2010, 01:06:27 am »
I'm not sure if you are familiar with this card game,
but are there any MTG players among us?

simonalexander2005

Re: Magic the Gathering
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 09:06:01 pm »
I used to play when I was younger, but alas, no more

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 01:51:01 pm »
I only started playing, with other people's decks admittedly. It's quite fun I have to admit. The black deck is my favourite so far

Offline bunnyrabbit

• <3
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 02:05:22 pm »
I only started playing, with other people's decks admittedly. It's quite fun I have to admit. The black deck is my favourite so far

Actually, black it's a color of Mana (one of 5). And there are many possible decks under the same mana color. And you can have mixed decks too.

genxnaturist

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 02:57:38 pm »
I played it a bunch. I had black and red deck.  I actually almost forgot about the game

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 08:18:17 pm »
Well, I certainly wish i knew of any players in my area, because playing against myself ruins the whole "not knowing the other player's cards" part.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline bunnyrabbit

• <3
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 08:24:04 pm »
Well, I certainly wish i knew of any players in my area, because playing against myself ruins the whole "not knowing the other player's cards" part.

:345678  :345678  :345678

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 08:33:31 pm »

:345678  :345678  :345678
I do not know what you are laughing about, but I have a guess: Yes, it also kind of ruins the social aspect, just like other kinds of "playing with yourself" do.
Back to topic though, it appears as if destiny tries to deprive me of a blue deck. With my 3-booster entry into Scars, I at least got enough cards to construct a blue/black deck of minimum limited size (40 cards), but when it comes to constructed, I would have to pull in pretty much my entire collection (which includes lots of cards from the 8Ed-Era) to get a decent primarily blue deck.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline bunnyrabbit

• <3
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 08:50:18 pm »

:345678  :345678  :345678
I do not know what you are laughing about, but I have a guess: Yes, it also kind of ruins the social aspect, just like other kinds of "playing with yourself" do.
Back to topic though, it appears as if destiny tries to deprive me of a blue deck. With my 3-booster entry into Scars, I at least got enough cards to construct a blue/black deck of minimum limited size (40 cards), but when it comes to constructed, I would have to pull in pretty much my entire collection (which includes lots of cards from the 8Ed-Era) to get a decent primarily blue deck.

Ever considered to play over videochat? never tried, but sounds doable?

I play with a blue/white/green ally deck, and Ema plays with a mono blue Merfolk.

But I need to make something faster.

Offline bunnyema

• Nude without Towel
  • Kyrija
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 08:51:54 pm »
I love my merfolks.. but they are soo slow..
I will show you madness.. and bunnies.. it is the same thing..

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 08:57:11 pm »

:345678  :345678  :345678

Ever considered to play over videochat? never tried, but sounds doable?

I play with a blue/white/green ally deck, and Ema plays with a mono blue Merfolk.

But I need to make something faster.
Well, there is always Apprentice, which I would prefer as I am not much into showing my face to strangers over the net - the problem is that anyone can pretend to have one of each mox gems and the black lotus without any verification. On the other hand, many players in real life do not always just play what chance gave them, either, and I do not really believe in judging players by the amount of money they are willing to spend, but by how they can make use of what they get.

Offline bunnyrabbit

• <3
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 09:13:43 pm »
True about showing face.
I see magic as a joy of playing not winning. So for me there is no point having super-strong deck for casual play. Tournaments are other story. :)
When playing casual we allow proxy cards (printed) to complete playsets or to try how deck would behave before buying cards.
BTW. Black lotus is banned from legacy anyway.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 11:02:57 pm »
True about showing face.
I see magic as a joy of playing not winning. So for me there is no point having super-strong deck for casual play. Tournaments are other story. :)
When playing casual we allow proxy cards (printed) to complete playsets or to try how deck would behave before buying cards.
BTW. Black lotus is banned from legacy anyway.
But only restricted in vintage - otherwise I would have said 4 black lotuses.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 03:23:35 am »
I always preffered Yu-Gi-Oh to Magic but these days I play neither its got too expensive and I cant keep up
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline bunnyrabbit

• <3
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 10:27:33 pm »
But only restricted in vintage - otherwise I would have said 4 black lotuses.

True. We usually play legacy or all-commons, so I tend to forget rules for other formats.   :322