Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Magic the Gathering  (Read 21202 times)

nudist18

Re: Magic the Gathering
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 02:57:41 am »
Oh yeah, I'm just getting into this game, and I'm beyond addicted. I already created a Red-White deck that burns opponents, and gives me life. Lots of fine tuning to do, but heck, it is going to be fun to use in the future.

Dave82

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 02:45:10 am »
wow... it has been forever since i have even thought about the game. I got dragged into playing at lunch in high school and got pretty wrapped up in it. I still have my cards somewhere.... i should dig them out, they are so old they are probably worth some money... i kind of thought the game fizzled out and went the way of Pogs... still have those somewhere too....

Offline SSKF

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 02:33:52 pm »
i love that game i have it download on xbox, and there are the same cards like in the original game.
its really cool :-)

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
Magic: The Gathering
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 12:57:42 am »
Does anyone else here play Magic? I've been in and out of it for the last few years, but the Innistrad and Ravnica blocks have gotten me solidly interested again. They're SO GOOD. I'm not an expert player or anything though. I'd probably describe myself more as a Johnny player. I like interesting effects and subtle wins, rather than the strategy that will get me the quickest win. I just went to the Ravnica prerelease, which was AWESOME. I played as the Azorius Senate and delighted in detaining the other player's creatures over and over again. Haha. 
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

Offline Advent

• Nude with Towel
Re: Magic: The Gathering
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 04:22:30 am »
I've played a few times, but if anyone ever wants me to play I'll only play sealed-deck tournament style. Otherwise it's just a matter of asking who blew the most money on cards to predict the winner.
The last three days, the rain was unstoppable. It was always cold, no sunshine.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
    • fresh direction
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 08:14:23 am »
I have recently started playing. I have built a deck of elves using a free starter deck i was given in my local comic book shop. I am also trying to build a water deck but i havent got enough cards yet.
what's to say?

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 08:19:00 am »
I have played on-and-off, but since I know nobody who plays it and I am not good enough to play in an enthusiast community, I never really stick with it. First got intoit in high school with the original Mirrodin block (dropping out somewhere within Kamigawa), then found back during the Zendikar block and lost it again at the Mirrodin revival.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline twiggie

• Manamana
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 07:28:13 pm »
I used to play quite a lot but I don't really have contact with any of the people I used to play with so I've got a big box of cards and nothing to do with them.
It's better to be naked with your friends, than clothed with your enemies.

gj83

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 11:08:54 pm »
I played back in middle school, but gave it up when I got to high school.

Right after I graduated from college, I found out that some of my friends played, so I entered a sealed deck tournament with them.  I came in second place in the tourney, and then didn't play anymore after that.  I figured it would be fun to be a "legend" who played once and nearly won a tournament, then walked away from the game entirely.  I haven't played since.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 08:40:28 am »
All you need is a stetsun and a sunset to walk into. Lol.

It reminds me of that legend of kim jon il playing golf. Reportedly he scored 15 hole in ones on his first game then pronounced the game too easy and never played again.
what's to say?

gj83

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2012, 06:48:54 pm »
Haha.  Yeah.  The other major reason that I didn't play anymore after that is that it was just too expensive.  You're always spending money in hopes of getting better cards, and I just really didn't have a lot of extra money to spend in those days.  I just like to think of it in the "I quit voluntarily because I'm that big of a badass" way, because it sounds better in my mind.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2012, 08:41:22 pm »
Lol. Over here they are not too expensive these days. Compared to a lot of geeky games they are quite reasonable. You can also get the last years decks quite cheap when the new decks come out.
what's to say?

Offline JasonOfTheFire

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 11:47:13 pm »
I got my first cards around 1996, then started playing more competitively around 2003.  Though, I've always gone through on and off phases of playing.  Right now I'm kind of going back towards an "on" phase.  I like following the Pro Tour, and I've got my fantasy picks made for the one this weekend.

I love the creation and exploration aspect of TCGs, so I usually build my own deck and avoid most of the most expensive cards.

If I want to play casually with friends, we usually play "Stack," which involves a stack of our favorite cards that everyone uses as a common deck.  There aren't any lands in the stack, but you can play any card face down as a land that produces any color of mana.

Offline Paul

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I go nude every day, cuz baby, I was born this way
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 10:21:19 pm »
I've been playing MTG for about 6 months now.  I don't follow the pro tours, but I do know a couple of pro players from the local game shop...I also beat one of them two weeks ago during FNM which really pissed him off.  Made his girlfriend laugh though.  He wasn't pissed because I beat him as much as it was that I beat him AND took first place at tourny that night (a first for me).  And I did it with his girlfriend's deck :) 

I tend to prefer token decks, usually red/white or red/green/white, although I have a fun vamp deck that is all black, a really neat artifact deck (mostly Scars of Mirrodin though), and an exulted/demon deck that is also mono-black.  I'm finding quite a few cards from Return to Ravinica that I like, and the new "Populate" gimmick is pretty cool.
Slaínte,

Paul

Offline SSKF

• Nude with Towel
Magic the Gathering
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2013, 09:48:47 am »
I start play Magic since a few months.... i buy a lot of cards and i sometimes play with a friend...

now i would like to know... who else also play magic, and with which colour do u play'??