Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Magic the Gathering  (Read 21248 times)

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Magic the Gathering
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2013, 01:28:37 am »
I've been trying to save money for bigger things, so I haven't bought Magic cards in awhile. I might try and do a booster draft in the near future though.
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

Offline NH_nudist

• For friends and fun
  • Casually Dressed
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2013, 08:01:08 pm »
I haven't played magic in years, but for 2 weeks, Xbox Live is letting you download one of them for free for people with gold accounts :)  Anybody take advantage of this that want to play?

david85

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2013, 05:38:32 pm »
I haven't played for years. I first got into it back when Ice Ages was current, but only played super casually with friends through Mirage then dropped it for a while. Then I got back in during Kamigawa and started going to drafts and FNMs at my local games shop, but dropped it again after Shadowmoor block. It was fun, but an expensive hobby, so I couldn't afford to be more than a casual player. I was always curious to try EDH but there just wasn't enough interest in my area to get a group together.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
    • fresh direction
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2013, 11:41:05 pm »
I love that I'm not the only one that gets excited over his devks. My green elf deck is especially good at suddenly developing a monster that does 35+ trample damage.
what's to say?

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2013, 06:04:00 am »
I haven't played for years. I first got into it back when Ice Ages was current, but only played super casually with friends through Mirage then dropped it for a while. Then I got back in during Kamigawa and started going to drafts and FNMs at my local games shop, but dropped it again after Shadowmoor block. It was fun, but an expensive hobby, so I couldn't afford to be more than a casual player. I was always curious to try EDH but there just wasn't enough interest in my area to get a group together.

I am just noticing the "expensive hobby" part.

david85

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2013, 01:36:29 pm »

It can be. Definitely if you're interested in more competitive play, as you will end up needing to spend a great deal of money to build a top-tier deck, but even casual play can add up. To go to a Friday Night Magic, you'll end up needing to buy newer cards sooner or later, as older ones rotate out of the legal card pool for deck construction. And obviously frequent drafting impacts the bank account. Unless you've got a stable group of friends for kitchen table play, it ends up requiring some investment.

jcs2010

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2013, 11:43:13 am »
I've only started playing last year, but I'm trying to make a red blue flying deck.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2013, 12:19:55 pm »

It can be. Definitely if you're interested in more competitive play, as you will end up needing to spend a great deal of money to build a top-tier deck, but even casual play can add up. To go to a Friday Night Magic, you'll end up needing to buy newer cards sooner or later, as older ones rotate out of the legal card pool for deck construction. And obviously frequent drafting impacts the bank account. Unless you've got a stable group of friends for kitchen table play, it ends up requiring some investment.

As of late I have now upgraded, having now enough cards to create a deck from each color. But I am still in the middle of trying to figure out the best combination of cards.   

Offline jabber1990

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2014, 09:33:40 pm »
my ex GF and I used to play, she got me into it and stuff, but when I broke up with her and moved out I left it all there, which sucks I had a few decks there. but one belonged to her ex-boyfriend who she decided to get back with so I don't care anymore

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2014, 09:33:45 pm »
I've just got my new bf into it. He he. I built him a red/white deck three weeks ago and he now owns a green/ black, white artifact and a new mystery deck I have yet it play.
what's to say?

Offline doriangraim

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2014, 11:23:47 am »
It's been a while since I played Magic the gathering. My deck haven't changed since my teenies (mostly a white angel deck with few artefacts).

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2014, 07:54:06 pm »
It's been a while since I played Magic the gathering. My deck haven't changed since my teenies (mostly a white angel deck with few artefacts).

I am trying to do an angel deck. It would be so cool.  :smiley:

Feethugs

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2014, 02:49:22 am »
Its been a looong time since I played, couldnt keep up with all the new rules and cards but Im sure I could still fumble my way through a game  haha

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2014, 08:28:42 am »
Eesh. Dirty angel decks. Lol.

I built a new vampire deck the other day. It's red black and does alot of direct damage. Its not as horrible as my lifelink and flying black vampire deck and not quite as devastating as my green growth/trample elf deck but it's certainly keeping my magic group on their toes.
what's to say?

Norternmike24

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2014, 03:17:41 pm »
I play with my friends on occasion. It used to be big amongst my friend group. It's kind of popular in town. There's a tournament every Friday at the local comic shop. It's a good day to avoid the place. Lots of people need to learn what soap and water is. -_-

Anywah, I have a vampire deck, a dragon deck, a red blue deck and a newer deck playing with one of the new gimmicks.