Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: For 'Sole Man' In China, One Shoeless Step At A Time  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Bobbert

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
For 'Sole Man' In China, One Shoeless Step At A Time
« on: December 22, 2010, 11:02:44 pm »
National Public Radio in the US had an article on the other day about a barefoot British guy living in China:

For 'Sole Man' In China, One Shoeless Step At A Time

A few folks here just said that they prefer wearing shoes when nude, but how many barefoot folks (even when clothed) do we have here?

escape

Re: For 'Sole Man' In China, One Shoeless Step At A Time
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 11:17:56 pm »
I definitely prefer being shoeless. As soon as it's warm enough, I wear flip flops. I would go barefoot more, but the pavements (sidewalks) around here are rarely resurfaced and so are very sharp underfoot. But whenever I'm at home or at the beach, or anywhere foot friendly like that, I have bare feet. My feet are like leather so that helps.

Offline Darek

• :)
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 11:24:57 pm »
So in Poland there is a guy Cejrowski who have his own tv program "Barefoot through the world" and he travel to Afrika Austraila Amerika to show how leave native people, and he always barefoot
Summer and good beer :)

Offline brandon

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Texas
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 12:23:24 am »
There is a significant risk of infection from walking barefoot.

In Parasites: Tales of Humanity's Most Unwelcome Guests, Rosemary Drisdelle writes about the hookworm, a parasite that is spread through feces. The eggs in an infected mammal's feces enter the soil, and then the infective larvae of the hookworm enter the body of a new host through the skin The parasite penetrates skin, typically through the feet of people who walk barefoot, and moves to intestine.

The hookworm was introduced to the United States by slaves from Africa.

While the slaves were relatively immune to it, whites of American South walked barefoot and contracted the parasite.

Hookworm causes severe anemia. It caused weakness of many soldiers in the Confederate Army, thereby contributing to the defeat of the Confederacy and the freedom of the slaves who brought it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:25:50 am by brandon »
We have it in our power to begin the world over again.  -Thomas Paine