Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Mags and stuff...  (Read 16173 times)

Riot.EXE

Mags and stuff...
« on: December 24, 2010, 11:22:48 pm »
So, I just got home from one of my local Borders and it turns out that they carry "Naturally Magazine"...aren't those supposed to be hard to find?

Offline dibbadong

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mags and stuff...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:04:30 pm »
I've seen them at the Borders I go to.  Unfortunately, it's in the Men's Interest section, which I think is misnamed and paints nudism in a bad light.  It's up there next to Playboy, Maxim, FHM, and Hustler.  Also, are the tattoo and cannabis mags, which should go to the art and home/gardening sections, respectively. 

And why on God's green earth is Playgirl in Men's Interest?  :324 Unless you consider the gay men that might want that magazine.

Stuart

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:15:25 pm »
And why on God's green earth is Playgirl in Men's Interest?  :324 Unless you consider the gay men that might want that magazine.

They might be its biggest buyer.

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:14:02 am »
Why not complain to the management about that? 
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 04:26:40 am »

They might be its biggest buyer.

If I remember correctly, they make 85% of the readership. Playgirl didn't acknowledge this for very long which led to poor sales.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

genxnaturist

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 05:47:36 am »
Nice that boarders has such.  Though why does boarders only have Adult Mens interest section, why isnt there Adult Womens interest area too.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 06:29:47 am »
I've seen them at the Borders I go to.  Unfortunately, it's in the Men's Interest section, which I think is misnamed and paints nudism in a bad light.  It's up there next to Playboy, Maxim, FHM, and Hustler.  Also, are the tattoo and cannabis mags, which should go to the art and home/gardening sections, respectively.  

They're clearly doing it wrong...I saw it in the Lifestyle section.

Nice that borders has such.  Though why does borders only have Adult Mens interest section, why isnt there Adult Womens interest area too.

They do, only 1 - it's just called "Womens interest" and 2 - it contains magazines about housekeeping and homemaking and knitting and other INSANELY Stereotypical shit like that...(as well as Cosmopolitan and the like)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 06:32:34 am by Riot.EXE »

rarivera

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 04:38:21 am »
[/quote]

HAHAHAHA! :909 That was too funny. With that said they are doing things wrong. This is why the general public relates nudism with sex. Bastards!

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 02:10:51 am »
I've seen them at the Borders I go to.  Unfortunately, it's in the Men's Interest section, which I think is misnamed and paints nudism in a bad light.  It's up there next to Playboy, Maxim, FHM, and Hustler.  Also, are the tattoo and cannabis mags, which should go to the art and home/gardening sections, respectively.  

They're clearly doing it wrong...I saw it in the Lifestyle section.

Nice that borders has such.  Though why does borders only have Adult Mens interest section, why isnt there Adult Womens interest area too.

They do, only 1 - it's just called "Womens interest" and 2 - it contains magazines about housekeeping and homemaking and knitting and other INSANELY Stereotypical shit like that...(as well as Cosmopolitan and the like)
Pretty much. Hell, I know there's plenty of women that enjoy reading Playboy for the articles. Why bother with the labels? It's not like it's hard finding what you're looking for in the magazine rack. And it's totally wrong to package Naturist magazines next to the erotica, and the only reason for it is because they are concerned someone will complain because it contains nudity. Well, you can find more sexually charged nudity in the books located in the relationships and self help sections.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 10:58:33 pm »
Pretty much. Hell, I know there's plenty of women that enjoy reading Playboy for the articles.

Is anyone reading it for the ads? Because there are more of them than there are pictures or articles.

"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 12:27:40 am »
Pretty much. Hell, I know there's plenty of women that enjoy reading Playboy for the articles.

Is anyone reading it for the ads? Because there are more of them than there are pictures or articles.

Yeah, I briefly had a sub a while back because it was so cheap. I dropped it because of the steeply declining quality. It's no wonder they're having financial difficulties.

Offline Baseballfan

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 07:13:11 am »
So, I just got home from one of my local Borders and it turns out that they carry "Naturally Magazine"...aren't those supposed to be hard to find?

Barnes & Nobles used to have H & E magazine . Naturally Magazine seems kick ass.

ldarmst

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 10:16:59 pm »

That is how they make most of their money, kinda like commercials on tv

steve tanner

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 11:08:09 pm »
I'll have to look for that!