Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Why the forum was down for a day on the 23rd Jan 2011  (Read 13335 times)

Offline Sik

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Why the forum was down for a day on the 23rd Jan 2011
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 08:13:03 pm »
I was wondering about that aswell, my guess is those two have been blocked but not deleted (yet)...  It would still be reassuring to see the mod status removed heh :P

Yes, he's been banned but his account hasn't been deleted. I've check his profile page and he is also not a member of any group which means that he isn't an administrator or mod.
He still seems to be listed as moderator of "The Hobby Hut" section.  (It was "his" manor after all....)

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 08:17:47 pm »
As an admin, Mike would have had access to a not insignificant amount of private information (including hidden e-mail addresses, which can then be linked to other personal information by internet searches), should we be at all concerned about the leaking of this private information (leaking of a members list etc.)?

I have Mike on MSN and no, you shouldn't be concerned.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline bunnyrabbit

• <3
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 09:39:39 pm »
He still seems to be listed as moderator of "The Hobby Hut" section.  (It was "his" manor after all....)

This things are written as descriptions, it's not automatically related to users permissions So somebody just needs to edit it and remove the text.

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 12:14:54 am »
With that, we will now close this thread.  Thankyou, Adam, for making the annoucement.  And, yes folks, we all huddled quickly in a group chat (the likes of which has never been see in one MSN chat) and watched the slaughter.  First us, then each of you, and then, the forums, bit by bit, then, as a last act, he deleted himself.

There is an irony here that is rather obvious.  Anyway, new rule will be as discussed this morning in a true international chat with Australia,Germany,  Switzerland, N. Ireland, England, Croatia, Spain and the U.S. represented, that no firearm discussion, or photos are to be depicted in this community ever again. It is not open to debate.  The compromises were offered, they were turned down and the slaughter resulted from a founder.  There is more but anyway, time to move on and I can not begin to thank the staff who huddled yesterday in that chat watching the slaughter go down and being powerless to do anything about it. Pisco?  Read his interview in the Dorm.

We would not exist except for him, in the beginning, and now.  It cost him some money to get this back up and if we can help him, lets do so.

More on that, and more on the cleanup, soon.

Thanks everyone. Every single one of you.

-Danee
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/