Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Naked Munros  (Read 102869 times)

Stuart

Re: Naked Munros on DOMAI
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2009, 10:02:17 am »
Haha, yeah, no way!  I'm soaking this up.  I need another group of photographers on the forum that I can geek out with :-).  I just checked out the shot you posted in the members gallery.  Granted it's tough to really compare when you're looking at a photo online that is at most 72 dpi, but the clarity of the shots with the Hasselblad always stand out.  I'm not the most educated with film format but lord... the iso looks like it was set to 50 or 25 on that shot!  Just beautiful!

I'd be honored if you guys took a gander at my gallery :-).  Granted the rest of the site still needs to be finished but here it is www.SeaneWarzusan.com

I'm not sure if we've used anything below 100 for a while, we use slide film that usually lives in the freezer though, so I guess that helps!

Nice site, your work looks very professional. What kit do you use?

Offline GolasPL

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2009, 09:57:41 pm »

I like the make up of the models on www.SeaneWarzusan.com
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 10:01:05 pm by GolasPL »

Karla

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2009, 12:51:18 pm »

I like the make up of the models on www.SeaneWarzusan.com

The colours are really nice and 'shimmery' ... if that's a word. Definitely very professional in all regards. The models are properly made up and have styled hair, the clothes fit perfectly and the use of light really makes the photos. Obviously a lot of work goes into each picture.

Karla

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2009, 12:58:55 pm »
I'm not sure if we've used anything below 100 for a while, we use slide film that usually lives in the freezer though, so I guess that helps!

We mainly use Fuji Astia 100 (as was used in that pic in the gallery). It is far less contrasty than most films and easier to expose on the hill side as it's impractical for us to use grad filters.

I've been thinking a lot about what film to use recently. I'm giving Fuji Velvia 100F a try. Landscape photographers seem to hate it because it doesn't have that red saturation the other Velvia's have but I reckon it could be OK for what we do as it is supposed to be more faithful. I am hoping it won't give the burnt lobster look of other Velvia's. I used to always use Provia 100F but stopped using it up the hill because of its blue cast it gave under cloud. But I did use it for some skinny dipping shots once and was really impressed at how it captured the light of a late summer afternoon. I did use it recently on a Meall nan Tarmarchan (a digital shot is in the gallery too) to really make things look cold.

I have about 20 rolls of film to send off to be processed so I don't actually know yet quite how they all compare.

Offline TheSeane

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I'm not an ambi-turner.
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 03:23:05 am »
Haha, yeah, no way!  I'm soaking this up.  I need another group of photographers on the forum that I can geek out with :-).  I just checked out the shot you posted in the members gallery.  Granted it's tough to really compare when you're looking at a photo online that is at most 72 dpi, but the clarity of the shots with the Hasselblad always stand out.  I'm not the most educated with film format but lord... the iso looks like it was set to 50 or 25 on that shot!  Just beautiful!

I'd be honored if you guys took a gander at my gallery :-).  Granted the rest of the site still needs to be finished but here it is www.SeaneWarzusan.com

Nice site, your work looks very professional. What kit do you use?

THANKS!!!  Believe it or not, my main camera is actually a Canon XTi and then I have the numerous AB800 external flashes for all my studio lighting... Then of course there are my backdrops, reflectors, assistants, and then I also have to thank the team of awesome make up artists, hair stylists, dress designers, and models for the pictures turning out well.  Every shoot is a big production but always worth the effort :-)  I really love my job!

Stuart

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2009, 04:14:40 pm »
Question - What's worse than an eight mile hike to get to the bottom of a mountain?

Answer - The eight mile hike back to the car after you've climbed it naked and are shivering from cold as it starts to get dark.

We had a fun day yesterday!  :423

Stuart

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009, 08:47:56 pm »
Doesn't Karla look absolutely stunning on the front page?  :908

Offline vanesa1017

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 02:29:05 am »
Yes she does! Absolutely stunning!

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 01:11:20 pm »
I agree it's a brilliant photo Stuart! Nice work. 

Offline TheSeane

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 05:05:32 pm »
Good Stuff :-)

Stuart

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2009, 07:30:59 pm »
AAARRRGGHHH!!!

Will this wind & rain never end?!? I want to climb a mountain naked!

Stuart

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2009, 07:51:24 pm »
http://www.cameronmcneish.co.uk/2009/09/the-munros-more-or-less/

The last sentance makes me scared

The Munro Society is holidng a press conference next week (Sept 10) and, according to very reliable sources, there will be several changes to the status of some hills. Without giving the game away, and the Munro Society works very hard on these issues so I don’t want to steal their thunder, there could be a couple of surprising changes, including one promotion that will test the resolve of many Munro-baggers.

Stuart

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2009, 09:20:00 pm »
Our attempt to climb a Munro was thwarted today by a freezing cold wind, short daylight hours and too many damn people on the mountain! Still, maybe we'll get one more before winter kicks in.

I found these, for those that don't really know what a Munro (Scottish mountain over 3000ft) is like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANrzr3I-tjI&feature=related#normal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo5EXnNvNdo&feature=related#normal

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 09:24:29 pm by Stuart »

Offline TheSeane

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2009, 03:51:15 pm »
WOW!  I have GOT to get my ass out there!  That is the artwork of god, just beautiful.  I love our guide :-)

Stuart

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2009, 03:53:39 pm »
WOW!  I have GOT to get my ass out there!  That is the artwork of god, just beautiful.  I love our guide :-)

I've never heard Muriel Grey described like that before  :879