Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Naked Munros  (Read 102870 times)

Stuart

Re: Naked Munros on DOMAI
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2010, 11:33:55 pm »
Did you take a tent a sleeping bags with you? That sound exciting! :-)

Our camping kit is ultra lightweight and almost as expensive as the camera kit! Nothing like waking up above the clouds though, with the early morning sun light the top of them up all golden...

In fact, I think I'll stick some pics in the gallery of late night/early morning on a couple of the high wild camps we've done.

Stuart

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2010, 08:51:45 pm »
There's some new pics in the gallery of the climb we did today, Meall Buidhe in the southern highlands. The views from the top were some of the best I've seen, with many of our previous mountain successes visible around us.

I was totally busted though on the summit when some people arrived as Karla was photographing me. I had to scurry and hide behind the cairn and get dressed before they arrived, they must have seen what we were doing!

It was the first one of the year (there were blizzards a fortnight ago!) and I'm knackered...

Karla

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2010, 09:12:44 pm »
Stuart had to get naked twice on the mountain as at the point where we got interrupted I had only taken pictures of him using the Hasselblad in black and white (the magazines had got muddled up in the fridge over the winter and I thought I was using colour). We had to wait on the summit for quite a while as more people came and went. I then got naked and then more people came. By the time Stuart could get naked the second time it was getting late, the wind was picking up and we didn't manage to get a couple shot of us both. I really intend to get more shots of us both together this season.

Still, a nice start to the season. This time last year we were watching all the good weather come and go without being able to go up mountains because we didn't have a car.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2010, 01:49:27 am »
They are great pics! Thanks for taking the time to post a few for us in the gallery. They look amazing.

Stuart

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2010, 01:19:53 am »
We're just back from another trip to the mountains - 2 munros were bagged today, Stob Coire Sgriodain & Chno Dearg. It was a beautiful day, its was very hot for a part of the day and it was tough getting up the mountain in these conditions. The summits were interesting as well, very rocky & craggy with some sheer drops to one side. We left the final summit at 9pm, as large cloud formations started developing.

Check the gallery soon for updates.

Stuart

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2010, 08:57:59 pm »
I've posted four of the photos from yesterday in the gallery now.

Offline Pisco

• Administrator
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2010, 09:07:54 pm »
The fotos are very cool, as usual! Thank you for sharing! I doesn't look very hot though.

simonalexander2005

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2010, 10:10:45 pm »
that looks stunning guys - great pics :)

Karla

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2010, 09:46:05 am »
I just added another picture that caught my eye.

Stuart

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2010, 12:32:44 am »
I've started a little experiment on Google Earth. Attached to this post is a kmz file for Google Earth that'll show you the route we took up two of the munros we did, with the locations of four pictures I'll put in the members section of the gallery.

It'll provide you with a path across two mountains, with landmarks for the start & finish points, and the four locations of the photos. Let me know if it works for you!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:35:13 am by Stuart »

Offline Pisco

• Administrator
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2010, 08:25:03 am »
Cool! How did you record the path, do you have a GPS device or did you just paint the route in Google Earth?
15 km is not bad at all! How did it take you? And did you do all the naturist way?

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2010, 08:31:54 am »
Wow that's brilliant thank you Stuart. It gives me a great idea of the area.

simonalexander2005

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2010, 10:08:40 am »
that's awesome - congrats :)

if you don't have google earth, another option is gpsies.com - you should be able to use the "track creator" tab to view the file over lots of different maps, which might make for an even better overview of the area :)

Stuart

« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2010, 11:35:00 am »
Cool! How did you record the path, do you have a GPS device or did you just paint the route in Google Earth?
15 km is not bad at all! How did it take you? And did you do all the naturist way?

I painted it on in Google Earth using the draw path option. We didn't do it all the naturist way - it was too cold and busy in places, but I'll do them for ones where we've hiked for considerable distances naked sometime soon.

Stuart

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2010, 09:04:55 pm »

I painted it on in Google Earth using the draw path option. We didn't do it all the naturist way - it was too cold and busy in places, but I'll do them for ones where we've hiked for considerable distances naked sometime soon.

Here's Ciste Dubh. Photos for points 1, 2 & 3 will be in the members section in a few minutes. We hiked down from the summit naked for this one, to within a few hundred metres of the road