General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > Pitti's Book Club

Ok so whos the best Sci Fi Writer???

<< < (3/10) > >>

Jann:
It is very hard to pick out a best author, or even a favourite author, the best I can manage is to choose my favourite science fiction.  This is the Ringworld created by Larry Niven, absolutely brilliant science fiction as well as a fascinating scientific concept.  I once had a Ringworld poster on my bedroom wall . . . wished I could go there . . . tried to write some science fiction once . . . only managed a few chapters before I realized I had no idea where the plot was going . . . luckily the assignment was for a single chapter.

simonalexander2005:

--- Quote from: Bobbert on January 27, 2011, 05:21:39 pm ---Hmm, I dunno if they're be best

--- End quote ---

that's a very good point to make, actually - what I put was what I enjoy, which isn't neccessarily the "best"

what defines the best, anyway?

mcibear:

--- Quote from: Jann on January 27, 2011, 05:45:05 pm ---It is very hard to pick out a best author, or even a favourite author, the best I can manage is to choose my favourite science fiction.  This is the Ringworld created by Larry Niven, absolutely brilliant science fiction as well as a fascinating scientific concept.  I once had a Ringworld poster on my bedroom wall . . . wished I could go there . . . tried to write some science fiction once . . . only managed a few chapters before I realized I had no idea where the plot was going . . . luckily the assignment was for a single chapter.

--- End quote ---
  Glad to see Im not the only one who likes Lerry Niven.

nudesailor:
William Gibson
JG Ballard

Gman707:
THats a tough one. Brian aldis I think

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version