Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Formula 1 World Championship  (Read 11057 times)

Nude_not_rude

Formula 1 World Championship
« on: June 21, 2009, 04:48:04 am »
Hey wondering who follows this and what teams?? Have you been following the season? What are your thoughts so far?
http://www.formula1.com/

Well no prizes for guessing I follow Red Bull's (RBR-Renault) Mark Webber from Australia. He's had a very unlucky start to his career, at one time his cars broke down or he crashed more times than he actually got to finish a race. This year he's had 3 podium finishes and currently sits in 4th place in the drivers championship. He's qualified third fastest for the British GP tonight.

I love how Brawn GP has taken the established teams and beaten them all. They've won 6 of their 7 races in their debut season. Richard Branson only signed on as main sponsor the day before their first race and hasn't regretted it. Ross Brawn bought the team from the withdrawing Honda works team and has benefited from their R&D over the past year in anticipation for the new regulations and rules for this year, so he really was ahead of the game before he started as the other teams were all still concentrating on last season.

Will be interesting to see what happens next year with 8 of the 10 teams possibly forming a break away comp in protest to FIA's proposed budget caps for next year.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 05:26:42 am by Toddo »

Nude_not_rude

Re: Formula 1 World Championship
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 03:30:57 pm »
Well the British F1 Gp in it's final time at the historic Silverstone track has been run and won.

1st - Sebastian Vettel (Germany),
2nd - Mark Webber (Australia) Go Aussie!!!
3rd - Rubens Barrichello (Brazil). 

Can't wait for the next round.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 02:11:23 pm »
Sebastian Vettel!!! :-) he's one of the greatest talents :-)

Yes he is having a blinder this year! Great to watch. Can't wait for the next round in GERMANY | Nürburgring 10,11,12 July 2009. That's a brilliant race course and with a home crowd, I wonder how Sebastian will handle the attention.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 02:15:53 pm by Toddo »

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 01:56:56 pm »
You bloody beauty!!!!!!1 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543

Mark Webber wins the German Grand Prix from pole position, even with a drive through penalty!!!! In the past he's been the unluckiest guy in the sport when his cars broken down more often or he crashed more than he got to even finish a race, and now after 8 years he's got a win. Last November he broke his leg and shoulder in a cycling accident.  I am sooooo stoked for him.  :543 :543 :543 :543 :123456 :123456 :123456 :123456 :123456

1st - Mark Webber
2nd - Sebastian Vettel
3rd - Philipe Massa

BTW he's the first Aussie to win a Grand Prix since Alan Jones  in 1981.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 02:00:46 pm by Toddo »

Stuart

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 01:59:04 pm »
You bloody beauty!!!!!!1 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543 :543

No, don't hold back, feel free to express how happy you feel  :909

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 04:13:24 am »

No, don't hold back, feel free to express how happy you feel  :909
:909 :909 I thought I was holding back!!  :786

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 07:14:57 am »
we can not say that Webber has won the regular. Victory not deserved

That's interesting Delphine. He beat former world champions Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton and the rest of the field.  He had a small incident at the first corner for which he paid the penalty of a drive-through. Why not deserved?

C'est intéressant Delphine. Il a battu l'ancien champion du monde Fernando Alonso et Lewis Hamilton et le reste du champ. Il a eu un petit incident au début de laquelle il a payé la pénalité d'un drive-through. Pourquoi ne pas mérité?

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 12:33:55 pm »
we can not say that Webber has won the regular. Victory not deserved

That's interesting Delphine. He beat former world champions Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton and the rest of the field.  He had a small incident at the first corner for which he paid the penalty of a drive-through. Why not deserved?

C'est intéressant Delphine. Il a battu l'ancien champion du monde Fernando Alonso et Lewis Hamilton et le reste du champ. Il a eu un petit incident au début de laquelle il a payé la pénalité d'un drive-through. Pourquoi ne pas mérité?

An incident?  :56789 , I would say a voluntary incident, it is anti sportsman.
Certainly this type of incident there is a lot throughout the championship, and the penalty should be a black flag

Delphine, I enjoy your thoughts on this. All in good spirit of course. :)    

Well the incident was not race ending for Rubens Barrichello. Webber did pay the penalty with a drive-through. I don't see how Webber should be black flagged for it and nor does the FIA or any other team involved in the race. Certainly in the past Webber has been on the other end of incidents which have ended his races and he did not call for them to be black flagged.

From the F1 website
While Button was philosophical about the tyre warm-up problems that stymied both Brawn’s challenge, and also had to recover after being swamped by KERS cars at the start and then being trapped behind Kovalainen as Barrichello and Webber escaped, Barrichello initially ranted at his team over their choice of three-stop strategies. The Brazilian also lost time with a refuelling rig problem at his second stop. Nurburgring was always going to be about damage limitation, but the team need to do something urgent about their performance at low temperature races. They are now just 19.5 points ahead of Red Bull.

Barrichello finished in 6th place, not purely the result of Webber's actions.

----------
Delphine, je profiter de vos réflexions à ce sujet. Tous en bon esprit, bien sûr. :)

Eh bien l'incident n'était pas de course pour mettre fin à Rubens Barrichello. Webber a fait payer l'amende avec un drive-through. Je ne vois pas comment Webber doit être de couleur noire marquée pour elle et ne la FIA ou de toute autre équipe impliquée dans la course. Certes dans le passé Webber a été mis sur l'autre extrémité des incidents qui ont mis fin à ses courses et il n'a pas pour eux d'être signalées en noir.

De la F1 site
Alors que Button a été philosophique sur le pneumatique en warm-up des problèmes qui entravaient la fois le défi de l'Brawn, et a également eu à récupérer après avoir été envahi par les voitures Kers au début et puis l'enfermement derrière Kovalainen et Webber, Barrichello comme échappé, Barrichello initialement justifié à son équipe de leur choix de mettre fin à trois stratégies. Le Brésil a également perdu du temps avec un problème de ravitaillement en plate-forme lors de son deuxième arrêt. Nurburgring était toujours en cours à propos de la limitation des dégâts, mais l'équipe a besoin de faire quelque chose d'urgent à propos de leurs performances à basse température courses. Ils sont maintenant seulement 19,5 points d'avance sur Red Bull.

Barrichello a terminé en 6e place, et non pas uniquement le résultat de l'action de Webber.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 12:44:49 pm by Toddo »

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 05:59:11 pm »
I too am against bad players. Mark Webber did not attempt to , nor was he successful in, taking out a rival driver. Indeed Barrichello lead Mark for a period after the incident. I've watched Mark for all of his 8 years in F1 and I know that bad sportsmanship is not his style.

To quote Mark
Obviously I lost Rubens (Barrichello) completely off the start. I thought he had gone to the left and I went to the right and I banged into him. That is not normally my style, so I got a drive through for that and had to recover.

Had Barrichello been forced to retire from the race as a result I would possibly agree with you. Rubens received no damage and was able to complete the race. That was not the only collision on the day and it won't be the last.

-------

Je suis moi aussi contre les mauvais joueurs. Mark Webber n'a pas tenté d', il n'était pas en réussite, l'obtention d'un rival driver. En effet, Mark Barrichello conduire pour une période après l'incident. J'ai vu Mark pour l'ensemble de ses 8 ans en F1, et je sais que de mauvais esprit sportif n'est pas son style.

Pour citer Mark
De toute évidence, j'ai perdu Rubens (Barrichello) complètement en dehors du départ. Je pensais qu'il était allé à la gauche et je suis allée à la droite et j'ai frappé en lui. Ce n'est normalement pas mon style, alors je suis un lecteur par l'intermédiaire de ce domaine et avaient à récupérer.

Barrichello a été contraint de se retirer de la course à la suite je voudrais peut-être d'accord avec vous. Rubens n'a pas reçu de dommages et a pu terminer la course. Ce n'est pas la seule collision sur la journée et il ne sera pas la dernière.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 01:48:39 am »
Wow that must have been fun going to the Grand Prix! I've never been, but would like to one day. Do you go to the races often or was it a one off?  Yes back then Webber was not very lucky with his choice of cars, as they broke down too often.

I'm looking forward to the next race at Magyar Nagydij in Hungary on July 26.

------

Wow que doit avoir été fun aller au Grand Prix! Je n'ai jamais été, mais j'aimerais. 2005 est votre première visite à la course? Oui, à l'époque Webber n'a pas été très chanceux avec son choix de voitures, comme ils en panne trop souvent.

J'ai hâte à la prochaine course en Hongrie, Magyar Nagydij en Juillet 26

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 02:38:33 pm »
Well it's been a couple of weeks since the last post here and our mate Mark Webber is still in the hunt for the Championship in 3rd place behind Rubens Barrichello and Jenson Button in the Brawn's after the European Gp in Valencia yesterday.

Should be a good one this weekend in Belgium and the RBR Renault of Webber is expected to be strong. Here's hoping.

Lisa2408

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 03:03:29 pm »
The Renault boss falls over accident scandal

Quakes in F1: Flavio Briatore (59) is no longer team boss of Renault!
On Wednesday, the Italians withdrew.
In addition, the team announced: The Crash of ex-Renault driver Nelson Piquet Jr. at the Grand Prix of Singapore 2008 was actually agreed!
In a first statement reads: "We will not contest the allegations made by the FIA regarding the recent Singapore Grand Prix.
We would also have to announce that team boss Flavio Briatore and chief engineer Pat Symonds left the team. "
The Briatore-resign!
For weeks there had been speculation. Crash Faher Piquet had claimed that Symonds had shown him the place of the crash before the race on a map.
During the meeting, Briatore had been there. Thus, the proposed accident the safety car had to get out.
Since Piquet team mate Fernando Alonso had tanked earlier, he drove to victory.
Piquet said in a letter to the Fia, that everything was agreed upon in advance exactly how he caused the crash.
"As the stern began to break, it would have been possible only by the withdrawal of the gas to prevent contact with the wall.
However, I am not gone from the gas. Instead, I pressed hard on the accelerator. "
The minutes of the radio traffic show that Briatore after the crash, complained to his driver: "Fucking hell, what a shit fucking disgrace, he is not racing."
All only show?
Briatore had previously vehemently denied all allegations and even threatened with legal action against the Piquet family.
Former world champion Niki Lauda to BILD.de:
"It is the only right decision. I was sure that the thing is a big scandal.
Unbelievable, what a loss of Formula 1 has been done since.
I always knew what kind of a frontier Flavio.
That's why I'm not personally a little disappointed. "
Lauda attacked Briatore!
Lauda: "A hammer, which misstatements Flavio even in Monza yet - no red to be expressed - has.
Flavio, I would say just a saying: 'You can take only so long the pitcher to the well until it breaks. "

Source: http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/motorsport/2009/09/16/briatore-ruecktritt/nach-renault-unfall-skandal-um-piquet.html

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 02:14:57 am »
Lisa I agree it's a shocking admission. Briatore was very well respected until now. What is more shocking to me is that they planned the crash before the race.....not in response to racing incidents. However I don't know of a sport where a team hasn't thrown a result in order to gain something. Such a shame.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 04:34:01 am »
Go Mark Webber!!! another F1 win in Brazil!

Well after the penultimate round for the '09 Championship, Jenson Button has claimed the World Champion title ahead of Webber's team mate Sebastian Vettel and Button's team mate Rubens Barrichello.

After finishing no better than 9th in his past 5 races ( including 2 retirements and a 17th) his recent win was a little unexpected, yet welcome.

Here's hoping when another good result next weekend couple see him finish the year in 3rd.

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 09:37:21 am »
I think the Championship is going to stay the way it is right now, with Vettel strongly deserving his second place. Watch that space, that boy is going to be huge.

As for a general comment on the season, Formula 1 is beginning to make me a little sad. It now seems more and more about the engineering, and less about the skill of the drivers. In the top 4 alone, you have 2 decidedly average drivers in Button and Webber (sorry Tod). Just look at their stats pre getting into a Brawn or Red Bull car, the two most competitive cars on the grid and see the difference. The difference in engineering leaves more talented, but less lucky with their contract drivers without a real chance of competing for the world title. Shame really.
On an extended IYNO break... for now.