Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Formula 1 World Championship  (Read 11056 times)

randomer909

Re: Formula 1 World Championship
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 07:22:48 pm »
I think the Championship is going to stay the way it is right now, with Vettel strongly deserving his second place. Watch that space, that boy is going to be huge.

As for a general comment on the season, Formula 1 is beginning to make me a little sad. It now seems more and more about the engineering, and less about the skill of the drivers. In the top 4 alone, you have 2 decidedly average drivers in Button and Webber (sorry Tod). Just look at their stats pre getting into a Brawn or Red Bull car, the two most competitive cars on the grid and see the difference. The difference in engineering leaves more talented, but less lucky with their contract drivers without a real chance of competing for the world title. Shame really.
To win the F1 title, you have to have a very good, consistent car and you have t be a skilled driver. Button has shown he has the skill to win with a good car that he has gotten at Brawn. And look at Louis Hamilton's season. He is a really good driver and he well deserved his title last year. But this year at the start of the season, he was given a crap engine, therefore he performed badly. Then McLaren gave him a new engine and his season was turned around

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 08:55:38 pm »
I think the Championship is going to stay the way it is right now, with Vettel strongly deserving his second place. Watch that space, that boy is going to be huge.

As for a general comment on the season, Formula 1 is beginning to make me a little sad. It now seems more and more about the engineering, and less about the skill of the drivers. In the top 4 alone, you have 2 decidedly average drivers in Button and Webber (sorry Tod). Just look at their stats pre getting into a Brawn or Red Bull car, the two most competitive cars on the grid and see the difference. The difference in engineering leaves more talented, but less lucky with their contract drivers without a real chance of competing for the world title. Shame really.
To win the F1 title, you have to have a very good, consistent car and you have t be a skilled driver. Button has shown he has the skill to win with a good car that he has gotten at Brawn. And look at Louis Hamilton's season. He is a really good driver and he well deserved his title last year. But this year at the start of the season, he was given a crap engine, therefore he performed badly. Then McLaren gave him a new engine and his season was turned around

But look at Buttons career before he joined Brawn. He was racing with Williams, BAR and then Honda when it was renamed. Especially with BAR/Honda, the car was good, yet he finished 18th in the drivers championship in 2008 and usually averaged around 10th place in the drivers championships during the 6 years. Even in his one season with Renault, where he was fraught with problems due to a frankly awfully engineered car, he still came 7th at the end of the year. Call me a cynic, but with 2 teams dominating the top 4, leading the 5th place driver by 12 and half points and the rest by more, I see the car as having a lot to do with it. Add in the fact Button and Barichello got easy points using the spoiler no-one else had until well into the season, they convince me even less. Ferrari and McLaren have good cars this year, but when drivers with the quality and experience of Raikkonnen and Alonso aren't featuring in the title race, you know something is wrong. You stick one of those two in the Brawn team and but Button or Webber in a different car, and the season would have turned out a lot differently...
On an extended IYNO break... for now.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 01:09:58 am »
Is that not why drivers change teams, to get a drive in a better car? I personally think it is more about the team than the car.

Button and Barichello did have an extremely fortunate year driving a car that had been in development since Honda gave up on last season and started focusing entirely on the new regulations and ideas for this season whilst other teams like Ferrari and McLaren/Mercedes were occupied fighting it out for the '08 championship.

As for Webber, this is the first year he has had a car that could finish a race. He was tagged "the unluckiest man in motor racing" because the cars kept failing on him, oh and he had a fondness for crashing occasionally which happens when you are at the mid to back end of the field. Now he has a car which he knows will most likely finish the race, he can focus on where he will be at the finish and his qualifying times and race results have improved out of sight.

JayJay

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 04:44:30 pm »
So what do people think of the new season? I’ve been a fan of McLaren and button for ages so I’m very happy that button now drives for McLaren. He also won the last race which is awesome, I think he’s going to do well this year again! What do you lot think???

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 03:03:20 pm »
Wow what an exciting race in Melbourne last weekend! It was such a shame Webber collided with Hamilton toward the end of the race and only finishing in 9th after starting from the front row of the grid. I think this year is exciting with Schumacher and Massa back and the Brits driving McLaren. Can't wait 'til the next race.

JayJay

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 04:16:28 pm »
I totaly agree this is gonna be an awsome season

JayJay

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 10:38:52 pm »
A great race, with lots of little scraps today and a great result. A one two for mclaren. come on jenson!!!

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 02:23:02 am »
Yeah the rain really played a part. I enjoyed the race too .

JayJay

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2010, 09:12:20 pm »
The spanish GP. not the most exciting this season, in fact i found it a bit boaring, but still glad i watched it. I've always like both webber and vetail anyway but was sorry to see lewis crash out.

JayJay

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2010, 11:00:50 pm »
yeah i do agree with you guys. i am a big fan of button and have been for ages not just after last season. he has always been a good driver.

My problem with Hamilton is his arrogance thinly veiled in his whole "I'd just like to thank the team" thing, because a few minutes later he'd turn around in an interview and basically tell the team what they should be doing which he is not in a position to do realistically.

i see what you mean and i do agree he comes across too arrogent somtimes. Like when he complaned over the radio about a back marker getting in the way because he know that charlie whiting the race directer would be listerning in and here what he was saying. almost like he was telling him what to do.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 03:05:01 am »
I can think of someone who was most likely very pleased with Webbers win *Big grin*

Oh? who would that be? :rolleyes: I'm stoked with his win, after leading from pole position and never being headed. *Huge grin* :63424 :66664333 :098 :234567 :543

JayJay

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 11:21:01 pm »
I can think of someone who was most likely very pleased with Webbers win *Big grin*

Oh? who would that be? :rolleyes: I'm stoked with his win, after leading from pole position and never being headed. *Huge grin* :63424 :66664333 :098 :234567 :543

LOL

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 11:19:36 am »
I have a strange viewpoint on the British drivers, what with me being a Brit (much though I dislike the term :P) and all. I don't like either of them. They both lack any kind of charisma or personality, there's nothing particularly interesting about them as people, As purely drivers, I prefer Lewis as he has vision and he tries some interesting things out on track. Jenson, I think, is just a slightly better than average driver whose had a great car for 2 seasons. Last weekend was just indicative of Jenson - 30 laps stuck behind a Mercedes while driving a far superior car? No killer instinct in that man at all. I just think that personally a driver needs to be more than just a pair of hands behind the wheel, out of the car they need to have a certain persona. It also helps if they're interesting and dynamic on track *cough* Jenson *cough*  ^^

Today should be interesting though, looking forward to it.
On an extended IYNO break... for now.

Offline MERRD

• Nude without Towel
  • The Royal Naked One
  • Referrals: 0
    • My Interview on IYNO
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2010, 12:35:55 pm »
Yep, I'm in front of the TV!
"They found out my degree was less than legitimate"
"I thought you had a bachelor from Columbia?"
"Yeah, so now I need one from America"

JayJay

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 06:51:56 pm »
I was too. Not a bad race and i do like watching Monaco but its never a race that has a lot of excitment so i thought this one wasnt to bad.