Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Formula 1 World Championship  (Read 11069 times)

Nude_not_rude

Re: Formula 1 World Championship
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2010, 12:48:58 pm »
Hehe I'm feeling pretty excited for Mr. Webber!!! His turn around in luck has been amazing the the past few years, from rarely finishing a race but to mechanical faults (Oh and forgetting to turn the odd corner or two :P  ) to getting some great finishes up his sleeve. Turning into a great Championship here :)

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the race, but the highlights were interesting. Oh and I totally agree with Alex. They need some agro.

Offline KaiRoux

• Casually Dressed
  • Green eyed ninja
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2010, 01:17:38 pm »
I just love Monaco as a race track, regardless of who's competing there :P
Very technical track with little room for passing.

Webber did an excellent job there too

But does anyone know why Barichello's rear tyre blew and folded itself under the suspension? The video only showed him hit the wall and the commentators weren't particularly helpful either.
Perhaps a similar issue to Sebastien Buemi's front uprights exploding simultaneously... - dodgy manufacturing that couldn't take the stresses.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 01:19:32 pm by KaiRoux »
-
Katie Potatie

JayJay

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2010, 10:00:07 pm »
I think they said he clipped a barrier, which is soooooo easy to do on the Monaco track. All they have to do is loos concentration for a split second that’s why it's such a mentally challenging track to race. So they say!

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2010, 04:38:15 pm »
Looking forward to tomorrows race in Turkey with Mark Webber sitting in Pole Position after having won the last two races (Spain and Monaco). Just hoping for a safe race for all, and success for Webber. :)

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2010, 02:26:23 pm »
Well what a race...what a shame that on lap 41 of 58 with both the Red Bull cars comfortably in the lead, on an attempted passing maneuver, Vettel turned into Webber resulting in Vettel having to stop, Webber needing a pit stop to repair the nose cone and Hamilton and Button going on take the first two positions on the podium ahead of Webber in third. Oh well at least Webber retains the Championship lead.

JayJay

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2010, 10:12:08 pm »
Well what a race...what a shame that on lap 41 of 58 with both the Red Bull cars comfortably in the lead, on an attempted passing maneuver, Vettel turned into Webber resulting in Vettel having to stop, Webber needing a pit stop to repair the nose cone and Hamilton and Button going on take the first two positions on the podium ahead of Webber in third. Oh well at least Webber retains the Championship lead.

Yeah I support both our boys, Button and Hamilton, especially Jenson. But that was a shame for Webber. And yes it was unquestionably Vettel's mistake, even though he probably thought he had fully past Webber as the wing mirrors on the F1 cars are no good.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2010, 10:17:11 am »

Yeah I support both our boys, Button and Hamilton, especially Jenson. But that was a shame for Webber. And yes it was unquestionably Vettel's mistake, even though he probably thought he had fully past Webber as the wing mirrors on the F1 cars are no good.

Yeah it was unfortunate. I thought Button and Hamilton's duel a few laps later was a brilliant example of racing and skill between two drivers who respect each other. Looking forward to the net one.

JayJay

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010, 10:12:32 pm »
Another good one two result!

JayJay

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010, 10:46:12 pm »
Well deserved victory for Hamilton.

Yeah it was. Button did well too getting up to 2nd

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2010, 04:21:13 am »
I agree it was a good race but a shame Webber had to replace his gearbox just before the race resulting in the 5 place penalty otherwise it could have been an awesome race :). However it's better to replace the box and finish 5th than keep the damaged/ worn one and not finish at all.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2010, 03:31:38 pm »
Well the F1 folk have a couple of weeks off, but I'm stoked to see Aussie Mark Webber now leading the drivers championship ahead of Lewis Hamilton, Sebastien Vettel and Jenson Button.

Offline KrzysK85

• KrzysK
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2010, 07:41:28 pm »
I think that Robert Kubica is one of the best driver in F1, but he hasn't luck in this season. When he will change team to better he will win driver classification.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 01:09:27 am »
Yes Kubica is a very good driver and a future contender for the championship. I agree.

It's is also worth mentioning that Mark Webber is still leading the drivers championship with just 2 races to go......C'mon Mark!!!!!!!!

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 05:08:29 pm »
It's is also worth mentioning that Mark Webber is still leading the drivers championship with just 2 races to go......C'mon Mark!!!!!!!!

And with Korea making all the noises of a track that suits itself to Red Bull, it's looking all the more real. I really hope Mark gets it this year, here deserves it, and he's very capable of coming through (acts of god notwithstanding)
On an extended IYNO break... for now.

Offline KrzysK85

• KrzysK
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 07:06:23 pm »
What do you think what is more important:
Talented driver or good car.
To look at last seasons I think that more important is good car, because many skilled drivers are on further positions (e.g. Michael Schumacher, Robert Kubica or Felipe Massa)