Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: "Will my teenage daughters mind our holiday nudity?"  (Read 5327 times)

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Re: "Will my teenage daughters mind our holiday nudity?"
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 05:05:43 am »
Interesting read there, Dario. Thanks for that.

I am with the advice in general, offered by the columnist.  There are too many unanswered questions here  Young teenagers going skinndipping together in a mixed group? Fine.  Being forced to do so with adults around who they do not know, and not naturist, is not positive and not good.  What about the boys of the hosts? Thats a question in itself.  They do not seem to be a family where they are long known to each other at other occasions but who knows? Another unanswered question. 

I am all about liberal views and all that but unless the daughters were fine with it going in, then there are too many negatives that might be in wait for such a vacation. It is not a situation where a valid comparison of young European attitudes of younger people on nudity differ.  Forced situations of simple nudity are never good.

If they are all about it, then sure.  If not, then again, too many questions remain unanswered. 

-D
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

genxnaturist

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:34:39 am »
Interesting post, though I saw one key thing not really mentioned.  Why not ask daughters if they are cool or okay with such, would mind visiting such family and even participate.  Seems like simple no brainer solution there.

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:29:20 pm »
If I were to see my parents naked, even now, it would be traumatizing. Growing up with it, I'm sure it would have been a matter of fact, no big deal thing.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 12:48:35 pm »
I'm with the camp that says, how about just tell the daughters that you've been engaging in nude recreation while on holiday and ask them how they would feel about going with you next time?  Tell them that if they want to keep their suits on that's fine, as I always do when inviting girls to clothing optional events.  If they are receptive to the idea than great.  If they say that they wouldn't feel comfortable just seeing their folks nude than work out a compromise.

If the girls aren't comfortable seeing their parents nude perhaps the family can get a hotel room near the nudist friends house and stay there.  Than the parents can go have naked time with their nudist friends some evenings while the girls can get dinner and do their own thing for a few hours.  Than the parents can get home later than night, everybody goes to sleep and the next day they can all do whatever together.

Or depending on the size of the house perhaps a compromise can even be worked out.  Perhaps just tell the girls, "we're going skinny dipping in the pool.  You're welcome to join us if you like.  If you're not comfortable with our nudity than don't come out to the pool for the next few hours."  If the house has enough amenities than the girls can go watch a movie in the den, surf the internet for a few hours or even leave the house and go shopping or whatever people do in this community during the evening. 

As for Dad's fear of his daughter's being ogled.  An attractive 14/15 year old girl in a bikini stands as good of a chance of being as does a naked one.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 01:49:59 pm »
The basic problem here seems to be that the parents have what they consider to be a dirty little secret.  They go off to France for a semi-nude holiday and until now what happened in France has stayed in France, but worlds are starting to collide.  Why haven't they told their daughters about it beforehand?  "Oh by the way sweetie, when your dad and I go off on vacation and leave you with the in-laws we do that so we can  get nekkid."  This likely isn't the best approach as it confirms before the fact that the parents view what they are doing as wrong at some level.  That is a very bad way to start.

What would I have done at the age of fifteen if my folks had sprung something like that on me?  I would have been quite happy about it because I'd been running around naked whenever I could since I was twelve.  (I would also have been severely pissed that they'd been off to France without me, but that is another matter.)  So I can't really imagine what it would be like to be an uptight textile teen finding out that my folks were having a mid-life Woodstockish renaissance.

In the case at hand I think that the parents need to change their own point of view on nudity and move it away from the realm of dirty little secret.  They might try taking themselves off to a naturist beach in the UK for a weekend or two until they feel "normal" about nudity.  Then -- and only then -- they might broach the subject to their daughters in the form of "Hey sweetie, we're off to the beach this weekend.  It is a nudist beach and we'd like you to come if you want.  You don't have to be naked there, you can make your own decision about that."  Then they can see where things go from that point. 
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is not obtained or kept unless faught for
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 07:38:28 am »
Seems we are all in consensus here, and i do feel that honesty is the best tack. come clean to the kids about the nude recreation and the reason they enjoy it, i would even suggest the kids feel free to be naked at home when mum and dad are away to experience the freedom without the embarasmnt of the OLDIES seeing.  attand events in the UK and invite the kids with no pressure to accept or go nude if they do go along, and that goes for the french friends house also.

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 09:59:01 pm »
If I were to see my parents naked, even now, it would be traumatizing. Growing up with it, I'm sure it would have been a matter of fact, no big deal thing.

Interesting response there, Cabding.  Why do you think seeing your parents nude would traumatize you?
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 01:13:07 pm »
To quote a saying of my dad - "I'd bet London to a brick" that if the kids were left alone without the parents around they would be skinny dipping within two days.

The parents just need to provide a structure and honesty and a naturist family holiday can be achieved - but they need to overcome their "dirty secret" mentality
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 02:40:53 pm »
To quote a saying of my dad - "I'd bet London to a brick" that if the kids were left alone without the parents around they would be skinny dipping within two days.

The parents just need to provide a structure and honesty and a naturist family holiday can be achieved - but they need to overcome their "dirty secret" mentality

Another bulls-eye for Leah.   :3145
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/