General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Hobby Hut

D&D

(1/11) > >>

barenw:
Back in high school, some of my friends and I tried out a run of Dungeons & Dragons.  We had some fun with it, but the friend who acted as Dungeon Master (DM) for the campaign was the bossy chick with a superiority complex.  She made ridiculous use of her DM authority and turned out to not actually know what she was doing (she had claimed that she had not only played for years, but had DM'd several games in the past).

Our first foray into D&D did not last long.  But it was not without fond memories.  Recently, while watching an awesome fantasy film at a theatre, we decided to give it another go.  Our group of friends has changed over the years.  Some people were no longer a part of it (including bossy know-it-all), and there were new friends.  From the beginning, it was decided that I would DM the campaign.  I set about getting the things I needed: a dice set, the core rulebooks, character sheets, a grid sheet.  And then I got busy studying, planning, and crafting. 

I have now had the joy of creating my own campaign setting, DMing two campaigns (one meets one day each week, the other another), and of handing the reins of one campaign over to one of the players so I could roll up my own character and play also.  I've really enjoyed what we've done so far.  Currently, I DM the second campaign which was started, and I play a character in the other campaign which I handed off to a player to take over as DM. 

Has anyone else had any experience with D&D or another tabletop roleplaying game?

Daft:
I used to play a lot during high school. I started with AD&D, then D&D. I've played up to the 3.5 version. Some of my friends still play it, but I lost interest.

barenw:
We play the Revised Third Edition (3.5).  What was your favorite role to play in an adventuring party, and what class did you choose for that role? 

For example, We have a Fighter who is most definitely a tank, and I'm currently playing a Traiteur (a homebrew caster class that's a blend of shaman and cleric) that is the party's primary healer at this point.

Ed:
I'm about to start my first ever game in 3.5 with some mates off another forum :)

Daft:

--- Quote from: barenw on February 10, 2011, 05:18:43 pm ---We play the Revised Third Edition (3.5).  What was your favorite role to play in an adventuring party, and what class did you choose for that role? 

For example, We have a Fighter who is most definitely a tank, and I'm currently playing a Traiteur (a homebrew caster class that's a blend of shaman and cleric) that is the party's primary healer at this point.

--- End quote ---

I liked to play a Paladin. Kind of curious, most of my friends liked "antiheros" types, and usually I was the only one Lawful Good in the group.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version