Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Dallas news "Skin is In" report  (Read 2841 times)

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
Dallas news "Skin is In" report
« on: February 22, 2011, 08:51:28 am »
It's from last year, but it's a positive report on the youth naturism movement and I'd like to see more news outlets handle the topic like this.
http://www.the33tv.com/videobeta/bc33db0f-cd4f-4022-b30a-82b6f18f4eaa/News/7-6-Skin-Is-In

Offline gbanude

• Read-Only
  • Nude without Towel
  • "Just lookin' for chatty naturists!"
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Dallas news "Skin is In" report
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 02:10:04 pm »
I recall 10yrs ago the AANR and TNS were HIGHLY concerned about the fact that there was no one under the age of 25 within the movement. I do find it very fascinating how times have changed.  Have you seen the work being done by the group Young Florida Naturists?
"We are more to be pitied than blamed..."

genxnaturist

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 03:28:35 pm »
its great what Young Florida Naturist are doing. But here is problem its in florida and likewise florida already has culture that is kinda open to skin and nudity anyway. So such wasnt a hard sell for florida.  That said what could be done to promote such in rest of USA and in colder states?

Offline gbanude

• Read-Only
  • Nude without Towel
  • "Just lookin' for chatty naturists!"
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 06:02:25 pm »
its great what Young Florida Naturist are doing. But here is problem its in florida and likewise florida already has culture that is kinda open to skin and nudity anyway. So such wasnt a hard sell for florida.  That said what could be done to promote such in rest of USA and in colder states?
You make an EXCELLENT point!
"We are more to be pitied than blamed..."

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 10:21:25 pm »

There are some advantages to a colder climate ...
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline NickUMA10

• The Nutty Professor
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is a Mind and Body State
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 10:45:12 pm »
^ I wager if you allowed a party or two to rent a resort in the Northeast for a weekend, you'd get a few hearty people who'd do it. There is even a year-round resort in Southern Vermont.
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people"-Confucius

Offline crasher35

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 12:40:48 am »
its great what Young Florida Naturist are doing. But here is problem its in florida and likewise florida already has culture that is kinda open to skin and nudity anyway. So such wasnt a hard sell for florida.  That said what could be done to promote such in rest of USA and in colder states?

Actually, I disagree. Yes, we have a lot of nudist stuff here in Florida, but most people in the State just kind of see most of the "nudist colonies" as cooks and retirees and stuff. Most young people here in Florida don't even give it a thought. Most of the people I've met, anyway.

Not only that, but Florida is also very conservative and I'm honestly surprised we have as many nudist venues! Most of the nudist stuff here is either in the Boonies (all of the resorts) or in very, very open minded areas of Florida (Haulover Beach in Miami, the only exception). With the resorts in the boonies, those only happened because the land is privately owned and there's not much the local or state government can do about that.

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 01:19:26 am »
its great what Young Florida Naturist are doing. But here is problem its in florida and likewise florida already has culture that is kinda open to skin and nudity anyway. So such wasnt a hard sell for florida.  That said what could be done to promote such in rest of USA and in colder states?
I know YNA is trying to get the ball rolling in the tri-state area by having indoor events in the winter, as well as outdoor events in the warmer months, but unfortunately their last event got canceled due to the promoter pulling out.
Actually, I disagree. Yes, we have a lot of nudist stuff here in Florida, but most people in the State just kind of see most of the "nudist colonies" as cooks and retirees and stuff. Most young people here in Florida don't even give it a thought. Most of the people I've met, anyway.
In my opinion, any group that tries to promote body acceptance to the age group that traditionally has the most hang ups about their bodies is a great thing.