Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Flying  (Read 5628 times)

xgsft

Flying
« on: June 29, 2009, 04:18:27 am »
Well, here is my hobby turned work.  Fortunately turning it into work hasn't taken the fun out of it!

Recently I had to take a newer Grumman Tiger out to deliver it to it's new owner.  This took me from Mid-Ohio into a few miles from New York City.  The weather was nice and as usual I ended up getting in later than anticipated.  Good times! 

The Plane

The panel.

Me trying to get a good photo of myself.

This is from Johnstown PA. I was flying over the imfamous South Fork Dam.  This Dam and it's keepers were responsible for the flood that annihilated much of Johnstown. There is now a museum at the site and a railway line runs through the site of the reservoir and dam.

This was taken over the River just north of Harrisburg.

Nude_not_rude

Re: Flying
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 01:24:19 pm »
Wow bet you felt great getting off the ground for a bit!  :432

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 11:51:30 pm »
Wow, I think you have the coolest hobby ever!

Joey

Stuart

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 08:47:00 am »
Its not powered flight, but I have been known to go paragliding. I haven't done it for a while (been busy climbing mountains) but I really must have a go at it again sometime.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 01:43:47 pm »
Wow brilliant pics Richy!! thanks. Must be fun working on the helicopters.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 02:51:23 pm »
Sergeant first class in the German air force - I'm impressed! I'm sure Mike will be too when he reads this. I don't want to hijack Mike's thread but how long have you been in the airforce?

Karla

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 08:53:28 am »
I've always loved the idea of learning to fly but there's now no way we can afford it and there are too many other things that we need to buy. I haven't even taken my driving test yet! Just down the road there's a guy who teaches people to fly a seaplane. That's what I would ultimately aim for.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:38:28 am by Karla »

Offline MarkH

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 06:48:18 am »
Nice pics....I miss flying small aircraft...large aircraft kind of take the fun out of a good hobby!

Mark
Mark

Study nature; love nature; stay close to nature. It will never fail you. -Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline MarkH

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 04:51:50 am »
I’d prefer to keep what I fly a secret for the moment...otherwise people may work out who I am and where I work! ;-)
Mark

Study nature; love nature; stay close to nature. It will never fail you. -Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Sik

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 08:37:43 am »
Aaah, flying! Who has never envied those lucky birds for their ability to defy gravity? :D

My father flies a Storch, an ultralight aircraft (like the one you can find on this page).  That's one cool little airplane, a soccer field lengths is more than enough to take off and two fingers are enough to handle the ultra precise stick.

What I have done years ago and miss a lot is paragliding! With a friend, I went in some French mountains for one week with a flying school, this was absolutely awesome!  Oh my, now I'm stuck again in a loop of watching various paragliding videos (made by others), like those:

:4345

edit: And yet another! :D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 09:18:33 am by Sik »

Karla

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 08:06:34 pm »
What I have done years ago and miss a lot is paragliding! With a friend, I went in some French mountains for one week with a flying school, this was absolutely awesome!

It changes your life doesn't it. I am very keen to get back into it now that we have moved back to Scotland. But we're so keen to make up for lost time with the munros I'm not sure when it's going to happen. I spent most of my time skimming the ground.

Stuart

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 08:21:06 pm »
I spent most of my time skimming the ground.

That's called "crashing"  :909

Offline Woah

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 03:14:25 am »

That is so awesome! getting a pilots liscense would be awesome but i should get my drivers liscense first

I dont know if i would feel so safe flying with a pilot that is taking some myspace shots  :345678

sydney25

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 12:29:24 pm »
Awesome thread. I love flying. I have done since I was a cadet sergeant in the Air Training Corps (Royal Air Force) in the UK. I used to love gliding the best. The total silence in the air without an engine was serene. Happy memories. I have still not flown in a helicopter and that is one of my dreams. Great thread  :765

innersouth2020

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 01:44:50 pm »
i remember ages ago seeing a posting on a nudist thread about a pilot in Sydney who didnt mind nudists on his trips and they could strip off during the flight.

No idea where it was now.. would of been fun