Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: F1 2011-2012 Season  (Read 34163 times)

Nude_not_rude

Re: F1 2011-2012 Season
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2012, 02:31:18 pm »
Got to say that last weekends China GP was a brilliant race. Close fighting to the finish with many more battles than usual and only Schumacher retiring due to a bad pit stop.  Nico Rosberg winning his first GP was a great result as well.

Can't wait for the next one this weekend.

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2012, 03:28:47 pm »
Yeah it was a great race and a great season so far. 3 races and 3 different winners - Hamilton, who has finished third three times, leads the championship :D

And a definate congrats for nico and mercedes!! I thought button drove a great race (as usual), and without the fumbled wheel nut in his final stop, I suspect he would have been challenging nico for P1 in the final laps.

I read this morning that vettel was driving a 2011 spec rbr while webber stuck with the current chassis. Good to see webs getting one over his teammate again.

Hopefully all goes well (politically) in Bahrain. Anyone have any thoughts on whether it's appropriate for F1 to be going there at the moment? Although the teams are officially optimistic, there is a lot of unrest in the paddock about it - especially since some of these teams (McLaren at least) are funded by bahrain government money.

readonly

« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2012, 04:10:32 pm »
I read this morning that vettel was driving a 2011 spec rbr while webber stuck with the current chassis.
That's not correct. Vettel drove a chassis and aero config which was used during the testing season in February at Barcelona. He thought it would be more predictable than the newest stage of development which was driven by Webber in comparison. A 2011 config wouldn't pass technical checks cause of the exhaust blown diffusors, for example.

That's one of those GPs I'd like to have in my archive. :63424 Big hand for Nico. Triple vitcory for Mercedes engines and a Norbert Haug wet through.  :43224

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2012, 04:27:44 pm »
Good point! I must have mis-interpreted.

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2012, 01:57:44 pm »
Great raceat catalunya on sunday with the lead up for grabs right down to the last few laps.

Best of all...Williams FINALLY won a gp!! I've suffered the ridicule of my ferarri and mclaren supporting friends for many years

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2012, 03:30:35 pm »
Yeah it was a good race. Dunno what happened to the RedBulls, but great to see Pastor Maldonado with his first F1 victory in Spain. That's now 5 different winners from 5 different teams winning the first 5 races. First time since about 1983. I don't understand why it's such a close championship this year but I like it.

It also appears Lotus/ Renault team did extremely well signing Kimi Raikkonen as he's now finished on the podium in the last 2 races and would have done so 3 races ago if his tyres hadn't gone so spectacularly bad at the end of the race seeing him go from 2nd to finish 14th in the last few laps in China.

Can't wait for Monaco next week.

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2012, 06:19:33 pm »
It's not just kimi, it seems that the lotus (renault) outfit have actually built a decent car as grosjean is going well also. Their fisrt good car for quite a while.

I suspect that the banning of exhaust blown diffusers has equalised the field significantly. It's an area that requries intensive research and development which only the big teams can afford. By banning it, those big teams have lost a lot of downforce while the smaller teams - which couldn't afford the R&D - are not any worse off than they were last year. Sadly, that gap will likely reappear next year, as the big budget teams find other areas to develop that that the midfield teams simply can't afford.

readonly

« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2012, 09:22:52 am »
Who's next?

Five GPs, 5 different winners. I'm a big fan of this season. :2345 So, Monaco always offers thrilling and unexpected races. Who's to be the next? I'd like to see Schumacher winning, it would be his 6th victory in Monaco and he'll equalize Ayrton Senna.

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2012, 12:33:47 pm »
redbull next I suspect. Hopefully webber :| Sauber might have missed their chance; and I don't think F.India can manage a win just yet.

Otherwise a repeat winner might emerge finally. Monaco is a unique event so just about anything can happen...as long as you qualify well

Flounder

« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2012, 07:56:04 pm »
A large part of me wants Kimi Raikkonen (or, hell, even Grosjean, he's been great) to win at Monaco purely so we get 6 different winners in 6 different teams in the first 6 races. It is a truly tremendous season, and I echo sentiments that I'd also love to see Schumacher win at Monaco, the guy really does need a final win.

The Williams fire was a terrible shame but I don't think even that could fully dampen Maldonado's performance. He was great throughout the weekend.

I'm thoroughly excited for Monaco. I'll be especially excited if McLaren, Ferrari or Red Bull aren't in contention for victory.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2012, 02:31:30 pm »
Schumacher got poll in Monaco!!! Shame he has a 5 grid penalty, but the positive side for me is that Webber is now promoted to poll for the race. Great to see Rosberg on the front row too. Can't wait for the race.

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2012, 01:58:46 pm »
redbull next I suspect. Hopefully webber :| Sauber might have missed their chance; and I don't think F.India can manage a win just yet.

Otherwise a repeat winner might emerge finally. Monaco is a unique event so just about anything can happen...as long as you qualify well

...should've put a bet on him :(

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2012, 06:10:47 am »

...should've put a bet on him :(

yes good idea  :e4444
nude is natural

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2012, 10:41:21 am »
My money is on schumi for montreal this weekend. The "double DRS" system in the mercedes should serve them well with long straights and two drs zones at montreal, and with his pole (sort of) last weekend I'm hoping schumi has found some form.

Also, RedBull now have to change their floor design slightly as the FIA has ruled it illegal following protests from other teams. RBR have won two races since the design appeared in bahrain so it could hurt them a bit for montreal.

should be a great race!

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2012, 03:28:10 pm »
Well my schumi pick was a disaster since he retired mid-race with damage after contact. Rosberg finished 6th but never looked in contention so clearly mercedes couldn't find the pace.

Good win for Hamilton, giving us yet another different winner.