Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: F1 2011-2012 Season  (Read 34175 times)

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
Re: F1 2011-2012 Season
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 07:36:09 pm »
What a race in China, the best of the year so far. 10 laps from the end I had no idea who was going to win or who would even finish on the podium. Its great to see Hamilton win his and McLarens first race of the season, Button was unlucky to finish 4th and to have such an embarassing moment that I'm sure his colleages will give him stick for. I was sad not to see Di Resta in the points again too but all in all it was a fabulous race and I hope the rest will follow suit.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 01:47:42 pm »
yeah should be a good season pirelli rubber is really making it unpredictable.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 06:24:11 pm »
yeah should be a good season pirelli rubber is really making it unpredictable.
:3145  could be the best season yet
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 02:05:45 pm »
Vettel won again!

Good race of Alonso, I hope he gets better results through the whole season.
A nova geração.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 02:16:05 pm »
yeah nice racing from Vettel, Webber and Alonso. Bring on the next race.

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 07:50:59 pm »
Shame to see DRS play such a huge part though. Can't help feeling it's taking the racing out of racing.
On an extended IYNO break... for now.

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 02:23:02 pm »
Shame to see DRS play such a huge part though. Can't help feeling it's taking the racing out of racing.

Yeah it wasn't quite right. It's been ok at previous races but they must have buggered up the length or location of the drs zone because a pass just shouldn't be that easy.

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 02:38:03 pm »

Yeah it wasn't quite right. It's been ok at previous races but they must have buggered up the length or location of the drs zone because a pass just shouldn't be that easy.

Agreed. I just don't like the principal in general though. Drivers didn't need it before, and I reckon a pass should be down to the skill of the driver, not a go faster button.

That, and we shouldn't change the rules of the sport because TV audiences are declining -.-
On an extended IYNO break... for now.

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 02:57:26 pm »
There's been a lot of suggestions flying around in the last few years about how to "improve the spectacle"...and the drs probably wasnt the best of them. I say scrap it as a passing aid and let all cars use it at will - it adds the challenge of who can open their wing the earliest without reversing it into the wall at 200mph

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 11:56:29 am »
I think the DRS is a good idea but combined with KERS its just over the top and as has already been mentioned, it takes the racing out of racing. I think if it was just DRS, to provide more overtaking, then i think it could be great. But KERS is the killer for me, its not needed (look at Red Bull) and it just ruins the excitement of 2 or 3 cars abreast all looking for the same apex. Instead cars are flying past each other on the straights and the move is over before they even get to the breaking zone for the next corner.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2011, 11:50:47 am »
So qualifying in Monaco is just about to start, who do you think will win the race this weekend?

I cant see anyone beating Vettel this week as he is so dominant in qualifying and we all know how difficult it is to overtake at Monaco. I am hoping for a good weekend from Massa this weekend as he has had so much bad luck this year and hasnt been the same since that awful crash, and his second home is just 5 minutes away from the track so he knows it well. Im also hoping for a McLaren to finally beat Red Bull in qualiying and maybe then we will see someone else win a race.

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2011, 02:41:45 pm »
What an amazing race!!!! Really awesome!

But I strongly disagree about the ending part. Vettel's tires were crappy before red flag. He probably would not have won. And so, red flag comes, and he changes his tires! And so does Alonso! And Hamilton fixes his wings! This type of thing shoiuld not be allowed!

And WTF Hamilton? Waht a lame race. Involved in so many accidents. And he deserves to be punished by destroying Maldonado's best race so far.
A nova geração.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2011, 02:45:55 pm »
What an amazing race!!!! Really awesome!

But I strongly disagree about the ending part. Vettel's tires were crappy before red flag. He probably would not have won. And so, red flag comes, and he changes his tires! And so does Alonso! And Hamilton fixes his wings! This type of thing shoiuld not be allowed!

And WTF Hamilton? Waht a lame race. Involved in so many accidents. And he deserves to be punished by destroying Maldonado's best race so far.

I agree it was a great race but Button deserved to win. In my opinion the top 3 should of been 1st Button 2nd Alonso 3rd Vettel. I think having caused so many accidents Hamilton deserves to of been black flagged after taking out Maldonado. I hope Perez and Petrov will be ok though, both have been injured this weekend.

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2011, 11:38:38 am »
yeah I was sad for williams as maldonardo was having a great race. at least they finally bagged two points.

As for the red flag...that's racing!! :) they've always been allowed to work on the cars under red flag. Don't think alonso & button would have walked it though it's a shame the three-way battle didn't materialise.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2011, 12:23:03 pm »
I missed the Monaco GP. Who was on the podium? How did Webber go?