Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: F1 2011-2012 Season  (Read 34171 times)

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: F1 2011-2012 Season
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2011, 02:41:30 pm »
I was really hoping williams would get him. They could use some exposure and kimi could increse their value to sponsors in a big way.

I'm not really a renault fan since the arrival of lotus. I'll be cheering for caterham over lotus renault next year I think Fernandes has done a fantastic job and appears to be in it for the long term

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2011, 07:19:25 am »
I'll definately be watching. Interlagos is a great circuit

Did I hear news that Kimi Raikkonen will return to F1 next season??? interesting...
Yeah Williams are likely to announce Kimi's signing shortly

Well I couldn't have been more wrong about this...Kimi has joined Lotus Renault

Oh no!! He's got no chance of being competitive in the Lotus....damn.

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2011, 11:46:49 am »
Toddo this is lotus renault (not the former team lotus - now caterham f1). It's the best drive he could have hoped for anyway as the top teams had contracts in place - RBR have more drivers on the roster than they know what to do with; McLaren wouldn't give up their brittish dream team for kimi; and ferrari would still have a sour taste after their last contract with him.

Lotus are  comfortable enough at the top of the mid-field but not quite able to challenge mercedes. I'd say they always have a chance at the start of the year as they have a reasonable budget and good facilities. A former world champion is good for a team like them too, they can demand more money for sponsorship and he's also experienced with top-flight teams so he can point help out development-wise. I reckon mercedes might have to work hard to stay ahead of them next year.

Can't wait for 2012!!!!

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2011, 09:48:57 am »
Fair enough, I hope he has a great 2012 for them then. :)

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2011, 09:51:55 am »
yeah me too I always liked his quiet honesty :) Also him leaving after winning the title like: "I've conqured f1 so now I need a new challenge" He probably couldn't have found anything harder than rally either!

6 former world champions on the grid for 2012 can only be good for us fans too  :63424

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2011, 01:25:23 pm »
yeah me too I always liked his quiet honesty :) Also him leaving after winning the title like: "I've conqured f1 so now I need a new challenge" He probably couldn't have found anything harder than rally either!

6 former world champions on the grid for 2012 can only be good for us fans too  :63424

:e2w :3145 should be a great season :)

Offline Pyre

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2011, 04:43:25 am »
And hopefully not one dominated by Red Bull again. Can you imagine a season with different teams on the podium every race?
"Life's too short, play naked"

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2011, 11:20:28 am »
And hopefully not one dominated by Red Bull again. Can you imagine a season with different teams on the podium every race?

Unlikely :( Sir Frank Williams once said: "If they wish to make F1 a level playing field, they would need to ban Adrian Newey"

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2011, 11:15:36 am »
I was pleased to read that Dan Ricciardo landed a seat at torro rosso  :63424

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel

readonly

« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2012, 03:08:52 pm »
Hi guys! :62213
As an old Formula One fan (since 1991) or motorsports fan in general, I can't wait for the new season to start. Although the following video was for the preview of 2011, may be some of you didn't know it before, so have fun.  :66664333

http://www.youtube.com/embed/zGh1YpZAfhU

cc71

« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2012, 02:16:21 am »
It'll be interesting to see if there are any new drivers making their debut this season.

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2012, 01:57:41 pm »
It'll be interesting to see if there are any new drivers making their debut this season.

Actually there's is a few new guys this year, as well as some returning rookies who sat out 2011.

Romain Grosjean steps up from gp2 (he was champion) and replaces Petrov for Lotus. Petrov is now without a seat for 2012; Jean-Eric Vergne lines up for Toro Rosso; and Charles Pic for Marussia F1 (formerly Virgin). Interesting that they are all French as there's been a lot of talk about F1 finally returning to France, so I imagine they have significant commercial investment behind them. New guys Esteban Gutiérrez, Giedo van der Garde, and Valteri Bottas have all secured test driver deals with various teams.

Nico Hulkenberg returns to the grid, having replaced Adrian Sutil (who's having some legal issues); Narain Karthikeyan will drive a HRT; and, somewhat sadly - Ruebens Barrichello has lost his seat to Bruno Senna. With 19 consecutive seasons to his name (longer than I've been watching F1) his absence might feel strange to me.

Toro Rosso actually replaced both their drivers rather unceremoniously late in the game, so Daniel Ricciardo (GO AUSSIE!!!) joins Vergne. This leaves both Jaime Alguersuari and Sebastien Buemi without a race seat for 2012, though Buemi did get the test driver role for Red Bull.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2012, 08:44:28 am »
Kimi Raikkonen was fastest in the first practice session. This made me so happy. Although the big teams (McLaren, Ferarri and Red Bull) weren't really pushing and some of the other teams were still using 2011 cars, but it still made me really happy. I have missed the Ice Man, since Mika Hakkinen left Kimi has been my favorite driver and he was by far the best driver on the grid at his time, but he was always so unfortunate with engine failures and his wheels falling off etc. I cant wait to see him race again and I just prayer Lotus have a competetive car if not this season then the next. I believe Kimi is the perfect driver to move them forward.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline Advent

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2012, 05:07:58 am »
F1 and WRC are pretty much the only two sports I have any interest in...Unfortunately, it's hard to see much of them in the USA :(

I don't know much about any particular teams but does anyone know where I might be able to stream the races online? We don't have TV.
The last three days, the rain was unstoppable. It was always cold, no sunshine.