Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Rite  (Read 757 times)

Offline RD

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
The Rite
« on: March 07, 2011, 09:05:39 pm »
Stroyline:A young American priest, Michael Kovak, wants to leave his training before he takes his vows, but his head priest persuades him to take an excorsism course in the Vatican. Michael sturggles to understand and accept this course as he ultimately doesn't believe that the subjects presented are being possessed by demons, so he is sent to meet the unorthodox Exorcist, Father Lucas Trevant (Hopkins). Here, Kovak witnesses exorcisms involving a pregnant girl who ultimately dies with her baby. Michael still refuses to believe this is the devil's handiwork, but he is forced to accept that the devil is real when he is forced to exorcise Father Trevant who has now been possessed, as through acceptance of God and the Devil is the only way he can save his mentor.

Review: I believe that if you do not look at this film from a religious stand-point, it will be a dissapointing movie for you. The trailers and previews of this movie lead you to believe that it is a horror movie like the Exorcist, but it is really nothing of the sort. I could really only describe it as a religious thriller, but if you do not want to look at the religious aspects of the movie if you do believe in Christianity specifically, then I believe you will find this movie has very little to offer you for your money. The only good thing about it was Anthony Hopkins who as usual is a good actor; he is not anything sensational here, but he is a sensational actor to at least give this movie something else. The story is drab and doesn't have any twists or turns and isn't surprising or shocking in any way.

Overall, if you do have your own faith, then I think this movie will be a good watch, but if you do not have your own faith, especially if you are not a Christian, then I would say it is not a great movie

Score: 2.5/5