General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > Pitti's Book Club

Books: Digital or physical?

(1/54) > >>

Daft:
Now that devices that Kindle, iPad, Galaxy Tab and other tablets are geting more and more common, and digital books are selling more and more too, are you migrating to this new environment?

Or do you still prefer somwthing physical, that you can hold in your hands?

Dan:

--- Quote from: Daft on March 20, 2011, 04:46:58 pm ---Now that devices that Kindle, iPad, Galaxy Tab and other tablets are geting more and more common, and digital books are selling more and more too, are you migrating to this new environment?
--- End quote ---

I already did and I read a hell of a lot more with a kindle than I did with books.

I backup my books and strip off DRM though.

taylor93:
I tried to read an ebook once, every 3 minutes the page timed out and I had to go back through the main site to find my book again. Needless to say I didn't finish the book because it was frustrating.

--- Quote from: Daft on March 20, 2011, 04:46:58 pm ---Or do you still prefer somwthing physical, that you can hold in your hands?

--- End quote ---
Yes, I still prefer to have the actual book in hand. Then again I have never owned / tried a Kindle or iPad so...  :56789

beachboy:
I got my wife a kindle for Christmas, she loves it! They're not good for the future of local bookshops but I guess local bookshops just have to evolve and adapt in a digital world!

AElf:
There are good and bad things about both formats.  My personal opinion is that the dead tree format is far superior in all respects save storage and transportation.  I really really really dislike reading digital books and I only do it under duress.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version