Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Books: Digital or physical?  (Read 387080 times)

Offline jay_p

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Feel free to say hi here or Yahoo
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Books: Digital or physical?
« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2016, 10:19:14 pm »
I have both... And enjoyed reading my kindle. But finding hardcover books for $1.75 at the thrift store is fun. I can try new books I have not read with out feeling like I wasted money if I don't like it
Exploring what it means to be nude but dont have as much opportunity as I would like

Offline Beani123

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2016, 07:01:39 pm »
For travelling it's so much easier having a kindle. I'd say it's the best thing I've every bought myself, the one thing I get the most use out of.

That said, I still end up with tons of books - I just can't resist going into a book shop. And I can't resist buying. It keeps those book shops open though and I wouldn't want them to disappear.

Offline stevizz

• we're all born naked
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2016, 07:28:04 pm »
I think from a cost and storage point of view, digital is the way forward. I still like a real book now and then but mainly map/reference type books.

DarkGentleman

« Reply #168 on: February 26, 2016, 09:01:41 pm »
For some reason, I can't seem to absorb the information I read on a screen as well. I'd much prefer a physical book.

Offline Caliboy

• Guy Talk
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #169 on: March 01, 2016, 08:55:18 pm »
Digital. Even though I love the "feel" of a book in my hands, its just easier to read on my phone. Plus, I do not spend an hour looking for where I left my book, as it is always in my pocket.
Ironic, the notation in my status: "Topless with Bottoms"
In real life, it is more often "bottomless with top"

kulderb

« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2016, 02:46:49 am »
I prefer the paper.

Offline Hayley

• Retired Staff
  • Nude without Towel
  • Dances beneath the Stars.
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2018, 09:18:10 am »
Will always prefer physical books. Did try reading books online, but somehow it doesn't feel the same as holding a book in your hands (like the magic is gone). Still very much love going to the library or bookstores (both new and second hand) to find books to read :smiley:
It's only forever. Not long at all.

Offline nudetotheworld

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2018, 11:20:46 am »
Both  :tongue:

I like both honestly. They both have their positives and negatives, but overall they're both good to use and do the job.

I however do not like and can't get into audio books. Only if they're extremely short.

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2018, 09:04:12 am »
If its just pure text like your average fiction novel, I prefer digital.  Its easier to hold a device for long periods of time in many positions than a physical book.  The physical book has never stood out to me as part of a pleasant memory.  However I have spent part of a 2 week power outage during an ice storm reading The Legend of Drizzt on my phone.  Reading on the FBReader app, under all the blankets and sleeping bags I owned, is a pleasant memory.  That I can reach out and snag almost any book I want off the internet is pretty appealing too. 

If its a book with diagrams or pictures like a shop manual or how to book of some kind, I prefer a physical copy. 

Offline Rafa

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2019, 09:50:57 pm »
I'm late to this thread, probably.
But just recently I bought a kindle, and it's definitely my favorite 'gadget' I've ever owned. Of course it's not the exact same as reading a physical book (especially because you can't hoard ebooks to keep on your shelf), however there are advantages, like being able to read before bed because of the lights, during trips because it's easy to carry, and also you can search for words and place bookmarks way more easily.
That being said, I still can't read on my phone pleasantly.

Offline nudistteen400

• Nudist Teen
  • Teens Only Member
  • Topless with bottoms
  • This website is great
« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2019, 02:04:31 pm »
Digital is far better to me, especially with a kindle. You can potentially take a huge amount of books with you at any time, all coming with features you couldn't get on a physical one. Only exception would be for comics, which just look better on paper.
I like to be naked as much as I can, and want to branch out from just nudity at home.

5Chill10

« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2019, 02:09:13 am »
Audible lol. Really handy for someone who drives long distances and spends a lot of time on cardio machines due to terrible drivers in my neighborhood and not wanting to blow my joints out before I'm 50.

Offline Cle Leftwrite

• A Phantom of the Naked Variety
  • Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2019, 08:56:02 pm »
I lean toward physical. I actually find it rather hard to read digital books. I find that the text is always smaller even on larger screens and I tend to "get lost" far more often when reading digital books. Now to be completely fair it may have to do with the fact that I'm supposed to have reading glasses and currently don't or it could be that I haven't found the right way for me to read digital books. On the note of audio books... well it's really hit or miss. I have to be doing something else while listening to an audio book or radio drama and even then if the voice acting isn't great it's gonna be a problem. Taking that into account most of the audio books I've personally listened to have been great. Overall I just prefer having having a book in my hands though.

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2019, 08:00:12 pm »
I prefer physical, can’t concentrate properly on a digital format, but I’m beginning to downsize, so I might have to go the ebook route out of convenience.

Still, majority of my currently owned books are art instructional books, so having physical versions are far more preferable. If only converting them to digital wasn’t such a pain...

Offline cdw

• Nude with Towel
  • Always down to chat :)
« Reply #179 on: June 06, 2019, 12:07:34 am »
For travel, I use a Kindle to avoid lugging lots of books around, but otherwise I prefer a paper book. And for studying, I hate e-books because scrolling is never as easy as physically flipping back and forth, although having a search function is admittedly useful.