General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > Pitti's Book Club

Books: Digital or physical?

<< < (49/54) > >>

coolstolSE:
I much prefer reading and writing in real books. I can more easily process everything I read if I'm holding the book in my hand.
Writing by hand is also far better than writing something down on my phone, I can more easily remember it.

Jennaked07:
Physical hands down, like holding a book, seeing books on a shelf, and with smartphones we are always looking at a screen so it it nice to not have to look at one. Good excuse for a screen break

Moss:
I find physical books a lot better for staying focused, but my course needs a lot of books that are very expensive to get a physical copy of so I read a lot of books digitally these days

Naturalguy87:
I definitely enjoy reading a physical book over digital.

However, with that being said, my job requires me to maintain a large number of manuals and publications which are frequently revised, and updated.  I'm very thankful that they are all digital because all I have to do when an update is issued is hit the sync button and it's all taken care of.  Likewise, I always have to carry these manuals, and having them digital makes it MUCH easier.  If not for that I'd be hauling another 30-40 pounds worth of books/papers around.

Jakee22:
I would rather read an actual book, I hate reading off a screen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version