General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > Pitti's Book Club

Books: Digital or physical?

<< < (50/54) > >>

blank radar:
the main disadvantage to physical (well, paperback) books, as much as i love them, is the sheer horror and dread of putting them in a bag with other things and knowing it might get creased for the first time

NudisRoo:
I'm not much of a reader but when I read I prefer paper because on my phone or computer I can get easily distracted and that's not that cool yk?

Jakee22:

--- Quote from: blank radar on June 20, 2023, 01:42:14 pm ---the main disadvantage to physical (well, paperback) books, as much as i love them, is the sheer horror and dread of putting them in a bag with other things and knowing it might get creased for the first time

--- End quote ---

Oh I know! That first crease in a new book sucks. But then you can relax and it doesn't matter so much. Well that's how I find it lol.

spongeman:
Kindle>paper>tablet.

Tablets are horrible for reading because LCDs put too much strain on my eyes, and as others have mentioned they have notifications and other distractions. An e-reader is much better since it uses an EPD instead of LCD and don't have any distractions. Paper is nice and all but they're not very durable and they take up space that I could use for something else.

saminthesun:
Books all the way no question. Although e-readers are better for travelling when I can't take a suitcase full of books

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version