Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Books: Digital or physical?  (Read 49469 times)

Offline Cle Leftwrite

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Books: Digital or physical?
« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2019, 11:31:11 pm »
For travel, I use a Kindle to avoid lugging lots of books around, but otherwise I prefer a paper book. And for studying, I hate e-books because scrolling is never as easy as physically flipping back and forth, although having a search function is admittedly useful.
Right! Studying with a digital book is just painful for me and I don't think I retain the information as well.

Offline cdw

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2019, 10:59:49 am »
For travel, I use a Kindle to avoid lugging lots of books around, but otherwise I prefer a paper book. And for studying, I hate e-books because scrolling is never as easy as physically flipping back and forth, although having a search function is admittedly useful.
Right! Studying with a digital book is just painful for me and I don't think I retain the information as well.
And digital becomes even more painful with books that have endnotes instead of footnotes (ugh). At least with phyisical books you can keep a finger on the page with the notes and flick back and forth easily, but with ebooks you often have to scroll and wait for it to load.

Offline Cle Leftwrite

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2019, 12:57:22 am »
And digital becomes even more painful with books that have endnotes instead of footnotes (ugh). At least with phyisical books you can keep a finger on the page with the notes and flick back and forth easily, but with ebooks you often have to scroll and wait for it to load.
Yeah, endnotes are the absolute worst but I would argue even footnotes can be pretty bad, depending on the exact formatting of course.