Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Naked woman rescued from cliffs after trying to reach nudist beach  (Read 6582 times)

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Naked woman, 27, rescued from cliffs after trying to reach nudist beach

By Daily Mail Reporter on 23rd March 2011

A naked woman had to be rescued by lifeguards after she got stuck trying to climb down cliffs to a secluded nudist beach.

She had taken off her clothes before trying to clamber 450ft down to Black's Beach yesterday which lies in Torrey Pines State Park in San Diego, California.

Laws against public nudity are not enforced along a section of the beach.

But the 27-year-old woman got into difficulties and found herself stranded on a ledge unable to climb back up or head down to the shoreline.

Oooh, this sounds like a major bummer    :Butt Shake:   I wonder if it is anyone we know. 
Will there be a trip report?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369065/Naked-woman-27-rescued-lifeguards-cliffs-trying-reach-San-Diego-nudist-beach.html#ixzz1HQdOKNye

The article contains a few poor photos and a fuzzed-out video of the rescue but the best part is the stop-action expression on the commentator's face at the end of the video --- a classic "Oh my God!"

"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
Naked woman rescued from cliffs after trying to reach nudist beach
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 01:34:13 pm »
Naked woman, 27, rescued from cliffs after trying to reach nudist beach

A naked woman had to be rescued by lifeguards after she got stuck trying to climb down cliffs to a secluded nudist beach.
She had taken off her clothes before trying to clamber 450ft down to Black's Beach, which lies in Torrey Pines State Park in San Diego, California.
Laws against public nudity are not enforced along a section of the beach.
But the 27-year-old woman got into difficulties and found herself stranded on a ledge unable to climb back up or head down to the shoreline.
Fortunately, she was spotted by someone on the beach and a call was made mid-afternoon to the emergency services.
When they arrived she was given clothes before being placed in a harness. She was then lowered to the ground via a rope pulley system. The unnamed woman then headed back up the cliff to collect her own clothes.
Though she was not charged, she was cited for disregarding signs, using a path that is not a marked trail and entering a restricted area, said Lt Greg Buchanan of San Diego lifeguards.
She suffered only minor injuries, scraping both knees.
'She just became stuck - this happens all the time at Torrey Pines and Mission Trails,' Maurice Luque a spokesman for San Diego Fire and Rescue Department told Fox News.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369065/Naked-woman-27-rescued-lifeguards-cliffs-trying-reach-San-Diego-nudist-beach.html#ixzz1HQfq4W00

There's a video on the page too.

Was she anyone from here? :345678
A nova geração.

Offline AElf

• Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
Re: Naked woman rescued from cliffs after trying to reach nudist beach
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 01:38:27 pm »
Oops, sorry.  I just posted the same story as "Rescue me" --- asked the same question too.  Great minds think alike. 

Maybe one of the mods can move my post into this thread to avoid unnecessary repetition --- thanx
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 01:53:06 pm »
Oops, sorry.  I just posted the same story as "Rescue me" --- asked the same question too.  Great minds think alike.  

Oh yeah, that's the best part :234567

Until the mods decide what to to with the topics, let's figure out what was going through this girl's mind to try the climb down a cliff like this.

And of course, wait for our expert's (Karla and Stuart) opinion in hiking and climbing: What was her mistake?

:345678
A nova geração.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 03:11:06 pm »
AElf, you were first, so you were given thread ownership. I am moving this back to news though, as it is not really the personal experience of you two, I guess.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 08:39:06 pm »
Thanks Delta!
A nova geração.

Stuart

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 09:15:53 pm »
And of course, wait for our expert's (Karla and Stuart) opinion in hiking and climbing: What was her mistake?

:345678

Looks like it could have been lack of suitable footwear.  :Butt Shake:

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 10:19:32 am »
This chica is an idiot..sorry...but she is. 

I have been there twice in years past taking my brother on a day trip from a family vaca in Carlsbad to let him surf that classic spot.   There is a walk down trail that is totally safe and then there are the cliffs to the south of them that some hikers decide to use.  Not often, but they do. 
Why she would remove her clothing at the top of the cliffs is a puzzle too, as when one does enjoy the N beach below, usually one wishes to have their clothing near them as it is full of gawkers and walkers at times.  Our experience anyway.
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Karla

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 11:57:43 am »
It's interesting that a paraglider spotted her. Also quite lucky because the wind could have been blowing in the wrong direction or the wrong strength or the site might not be regularly flown by paragliders so really she was very lucky to be spotted at all.

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 11:59:54 am »
It's interesting that a paraglider spotted her. Also quite lucky because the wind could have been blowing in the wrong direction or the wrong strength or the site might not be regularly flown by paragliders so really she was very lucky to be spotted at all.

At the top of the cliff, there is a hanglider port so it was close by.
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Karla

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 12:00:47 pm »

She went down a cliff face! :)

Offline AElf

• Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 12:07:28 pm »
AElf, you were first, so you were given thread ownership. I am moving this back to news though, as it is not really the personal experience of you two, I guess.

Thanks Delta --- No, not my personal experience by any means, but quite an experience you will agree.

Danee --- Is the girl an idiot?  Maybe.  Maybe she wanted to meet the vertical rescue team under very personal circumstances.  What some people won't do to get a date.   :786

bourne13

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 12:17:08 pm »
Unlucky... Glad she is ok, but funny as!! :345678

Karla

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 12:23:53 pm »

At the top of the cliff, there is a hanglider port so it was close by.

Sounds like a place worth visiting for me! It must be a reliable site for them to build something specific for free flying, and there's a naturist beach to land out on!

Maybe local conditions are completely different to those we get in the UK where generally you just travel to whichever site is working on any flyable day. Apparently today is an epic day but I have to stay inside and work.