Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: American Censors Cover Up Dead Or Alive’s Shameful Inner Thigh  (Read 1823 times)

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
The Japanese box art for Dead or Alive Dimensions features Kasumi about to kick someone right in the face. The US art is similar, only it decides American teenagers are too vulnerable to handle a little inner thigh.

On the left in the image above, the Japanese cover. On the right, the American. You know, unless the Japanese edition has bare breasts (or worse!) on the front of the box, I'll never quite understand why publishers would bother with this kind of thing.

Especially given the publisher. This is Tecmo Koei, former home of Tomonobu Itagaki. The creator of Dead or Alive. And Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. That game had dental floss masquerading as a bikini. And now the house that fighting game boobs built is concerned about a little thigh?

You've changed, Tecmo Koei. You've changed.

Have we completely gotten out of hand with this or what? Sure the game sexualizes it's characters, but this is still ridiculous.

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
Re: American Censors Cover Up Dead Or Alive’s Shameful Inner Thigh
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 02:10:29 pm »
So, captain Picard, what do you think about this?

A nova geração.

Offline Ash196

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 07:11:56 pm »
Usually, the European box art tends to follow the Japanese box art, because there aren't those types of hang-ups over this side of the pond. I therefore hope the European box art is the same as the Japanese version. I really don't see what's so worrying about the Japanese box art. I honestly think it's pretty tame as it is. To cover up a little bit of inner thigh is excessive, considering that in both versions, Kasumi's breasts look like they're close to falling out of her dress anyway... (Why not just change that costume completely and give her a fully zipped-up jumpsuit for the American version, Tecmo? LOL)

Offline RD

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 07:56:53 pm »
only it decides American teenagers are too vulnerable to handle a little inner thigh.

Wow... really??

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 08:00:38 pm »
Considering that one of the features advertised is... jiggle physics... in 3D, this does seem a little prudish. Well, American media are always about top-heavy tit-tilation anyway.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

sargent

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 09:53:18 pm »
Being so prudish, I'm surprised they let this box art slip through the cracks!

Riot.EXE

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 04:11:59 am »
Usually, the European box art tends to follow the Japanese box art, because there aren't those types of hang-ups over this side of the pond. I therefore hope the European box art is the same as the Japanese version. I really don't see what's so worrying about the Japanese box art. I honestly think it's pretty tame as it is. To cover up a little bit of inner thigh is excessive, considering that in both versions, Kasumi's breasts look like they're close to falling out of her dress anyway... (Why not just change that costume completely and give her a fully zipped-up jumpsuit for the American version, Tecmo? LOL)

There's certain countries in Europe that banned the game altogether (on claims of pedophilia) so, I dunno what you're talkin' about.  Also, Europe was more ridiculous about censorship than America in many ways...

I mean, really...Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles?  Was "Ninja" really that bad a word?