Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: On The Road  (Read 1855 times)

Wolfboy

On The Road
« on: April 03, 2011, 09:17:02 pm »
Imagine driving in the countryside... a long road... no traffic... just you and your car
What Music would you prefer listening to to enjoy the ride even more?

Offline RD

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: On The Road
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:35:02 pm »
Depends what mood I'm in. If I want to think and reflect or something like thy, it'd be something soft and maybe acoustic like John Mayer. If I'm feeling in a good mods and not worrying about anything, anything electronic from Trance to Drum and Bass :)

Wolfboy

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 12:00:34 am »
While I certainly can appreciate Trance & Drum and Bass, I prefer not to listen to it while driving. I find it makes you drive more aggressively, but this is just my personal opinion

One of my all time favorite songs for on the road is the 1974 classic "Autobahn" by Kraftwerk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmBjkARRj0E#normal

jlaidler

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 08:25:38 am »
ZZ Top, Genesis, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, etc.  Those are great traveling tunes.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 12:02:09 pm »
Imagine driving in the countryside... a long road... no traffic... just you and your car
What Music would you prefer listening to to enjoy the ride even more?

It depends on a lot of things Wolfie:  the season, the time of day, the weather, the type of road, why I'm in motion in the first place.  I have a couple of mixes that I plug in when the circumstances are right, tracks from The Doors, The Eagles, Waylon & Willy, Sugarland -- yes, I'm a fan of good country music too, Stan Rogers, Jimmy Rankine, etc.  With the top down, the music turned up, and a thousand miles of prairie road in front of the car what could be better?  However, if on a winter road here in the Maritimes I might just be running silent and trying to keep the wheels between the snowbanks.

"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline Padraig

• Topless with bottoms
  • I am what I am, someone has to be.
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 01:39:59 pm »
Probably some Flogging Molly or The Real McKenzies.
Or, if I'm in the mood, some Iron and Wine. Good, simple acoustics there. Perhaps Mumford and Sons.
"Breathe this dream, and let your soul inhale it!
Bare and naked, let us dance on the meadows..."
-Eluveitie, the Song of Life

jlaidler

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 12:02:38 am »
If I ever, leave this world, alive!  Yes, Flogging Molly are cool.  Since good country was mentioned, there's a very excellent K.D. Lang album from 1988 called Shadowland.  Produced by Owen Bradley who worked with Patsy Cline back in the day.  Very good stuff, and her voice is endless.