Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Goon Show  (Read 1082 times)

jlaidler

The Goon Show
« on: April 07, 2011, 12:07:58 am »
Technically radio, but I figured I could get away with it here.  Anyway, anyone ever head this completely crackers show before?  It was a BBC radio prgroamme starring Peter Sellers, Spike Milligan, and Harry Secome with guest appearances by Ray Ellington.  It was started in the mid 50's and ran to the early 60's.  They were hugely popular despite efforts by the executives at The BBC to relegate them to a not so prime time slot.  Prince Charles is a huge fan, take that endorsement however you please.  Also Monty Python found great inspiration in them, though I don't know why since The Goons were actually funny and not gross.  I know the CDs at least in The UK are still available.  Plus if you search online you can likely find them.  I'll forever have ying tong iddle I po stuck in my head because of those nutters.  Anyway, hope I inspire anyone to check them out, very funny stuff.  *leaves humming the ying tong iddle I po song*

Wolfboy

Re: The Goon Show
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 09:29:34 am »
Peter "Inspector Clouseau" Sellers in a radio show? Nice!
Is it somewhere available to listen to online?

jlaidler

Re: The Goon Show
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 09:40:02 am »
Give it a quick search, and this was YEARS before Pink panther.