Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Naked soldier smashes glass to stop Salford car thieves  (Read 2780 times)

Offline Steggsaurus

• Andy
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
Naked soldier smashes glass to stop Salford car thieves
« on: April 07, 2011, 12:20:00 pm »
They breed them tough up there it seems!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-12978065

Naked soldier smashes glass to stop Salford car thieves

BBC Manchester 5 April 2011

A naked soldier stopped a robber from stealing his car in Salford by smashing the window with his bare hands.

L/Cpl Wayne O'Mahoney, 41, from Charlestown, chased after three masked men who broke into his house early on Saturday morning.

One of the robbers, who was armed with a knife, tried to drive off in his Seat Leon sports car but ran off after L/Cpl O'Mahoney punched through the glass.

Police are appealing for witnesses to the robbery.

It happened shortly before 0600 BST on Saturday when L/Cpl O'Mahoney and his partner, Gemma, were woken by the sound of intruders smashing through the front door of his home on Gerald Road.

L/Cpl O'Mahoney, a serving soldier with 103 Regiment Royal Artillery, based at Belle Vue, Manchester, immediately ran downstairs and struggled with three men wearing balaclavas.
'Birthday suit'

"Two of them ran out of the house but the third one managed to get the car keys," he said.

"As soon as he got in the car he was waving this knife at me and I thought 'there's only one way to stop him.'

"So I punched clean through the driver's window and I just kept hitting him until he got out."

"The only thing is, I was a little bit naked because I sleep in my birthday suit," he added.

"What the neighbours were thinking I don't know because they were all looking out at this naked man shouting at his car at six in the morning."

L/Cpl O'Mahoney, who served in Iraq for two years, is due to be deployed to Afghanistan but suffered a fractured shoulder during training in Cyprus.

The knife attacker is described as white, 5ft 9in tall and of slim build. He was wearing a balaclava, black tracksuit and spoke with a local accent.

He ran off in the direction of Norfolk Street.

Police said the offender might have an injury to his right shoulder as a result of the glass being smashed and have appealed for witnesses.

Pc Adele Ainscough said: "We believe there was a taxi travelling along Gerald Road moments after the incident and I am appealing for the driver to come forward.

"We also believe two people were walking along Cromwell Road at this time and would like to talk to them so we can eliminate them from our inquiries."

Not a naturist news story but this turned up on the BBC website yesterday, slow news day + nudity = attention I guess.

Stuart

Re: Naked soldier smashes glass to stop Salford car thieves
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 12:23:51 pm »
"So I punched clean through the driver's window and I just kept hitting him until he got out."

:909 :909 :909 :909

I'm reminded of the time terrorists attacked Glasgow Airport a few years ago. It all went wrong when they met Glaswegians...

Offline Jann

• Free Range Naturist
  • Female Chat
  • Nude without Towel
  • I am nothing if not myself
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 12:27:02 pm »
 :345678
Ah, naked aggression saves the day.  Well done soldier!
Millions of years of evolution have combined to produce me. 
I'm rather hoping that I don't bugger it up in one lifetime.

Offline Steggsaurus

• Andy
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 01:03:39 pm »

I'm reminded of the time terrorists attacked Glasgow Airport a few years ago. It all went wrong when they met Glaswegians...

Yep, it does sound like a bit of a John Smeaton moment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Smeaton_%28born_1976%29

Stuart

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 01:05:50 pm »

The man's a national hero:

It was reported that Smeaton shouted "fuckin' mon, then" and aimed a kick at Kafeel Ahmed, who later died from his 90% burns following the attack.

Offline Steggsaurus

• Andy
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 01:33:39 pm »

The man's a national hero:

It was reported that Smeaton shouted "fuckin' mon, then" and aimed a kick at Kafeel Ahmed, who later died from his 90% burns following the attack.

Agreed.

Asked by ITV News what his message to terrorists was, he said: "Glasgow doesn't accept this. This is Glasgow; we'll set aboot ye."

In the October 2007 edition of the men's magazine Loaded, John Smeaton revealed in an interview that he feared "a jihad or a fatwa being issued" against him, but added, "that would just be fate. I can't stop a bloke with an AK47. One thing is for certain, they'll have to kill me. They'll never take me alive."