Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Snowboarding vs Skiing  (Read 8448 times)

simonalexander2005

Snowboarding vs Skiing
« on: April 27, 2011, 02:15:41 am »
So,

I'm a snowboarder. Love it - learned how about 18 months ago and haven't looked back since. So far I have snowboarded in Austria (St. Anton in the winter and Mayrhofen in the summer), and Tamworth Snow Dome in England.

Does anyone else here ski or snowboard? Where's your favourite place to go?

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Snowboarding vs Skiing
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 09:30:48 am »
Skis please!  I've tried snowboarding and always feel sort of goofy on it.

So far the best place I've skied is Lake Louise at Banff National Park.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline bunnyrabbit

• <3
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 10:07:12 pm »
Never tried to snowboard, I'm more a ski person.
But I didn't step on a ski for 5-6 years now. Next winter maybe?
I loved Foldarida in Italy. The trails were nice, but the best thing was the apartment location - 20-30 m from an opening in a ski trail's fence so you could literally ski out from the apartment and back to it..   :234567

MiloMinderbinder

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 05:17:53 am »
I've skied and snowboarded since I was 12. They're both fun. Don't let people convince you that you have to like one and be opposed to the other. I think the main difference is that skiing is easier to pick up but harder to get very good at, while snowboarding is very difficult in the beginning but easier to get better at once you have the hang of it.

Best place I've ever snowboarded was in the Remarks in NZ. It was incredible. The entire bowl was covered in snow. You could go wherever you wanted and make up your own trails. My goal is to make it out to Whistler in Canada someday.

Offline Padraig

• Topless with bottoms
  • I am what I am, someone has to be.
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 05:40:58 pm »
I've been skiing since I was very young, we have a place by Lake Tahoe, we go up there a few times a year, great place up there called Homewood we go to a lot. Sadly, haven't been on the slopes in quite a while.
"Breathe this dream, and let your soul inhale it!
Bare and naked, let us dance on the meadows..."
-Eluveitie, the Song of Life

Offline NakedKiwi

• Nude with Towel
  • Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 04:05:47 am »
I grew up a skier. I tried snowbaording once but it frustrated me so much I went back to skis!
Happy to chat on MSN / ICQ / Skype / email
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 211

Offline Dell

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 07:20:13 pm »
 :3145    Same here, grew up skiing and became very good at it, can basically ski anything anywhere.  Helli-skiing is next on my list of things to do.  I did try snowboarding, but was constantly on my butt, switched back to skiing and probably won't go back to snowboarding.  I have too much fun with skis.  Skis are a little harder to ride rails and do stuff in the terrain park but I can still do that stuff in skis if I want to.

Offline Advent

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 08:27:01 am »
I grew up cross country skiing and that translated over the few times my family ever went on lifts. I tried snowboarding once and gave up after hitting a lot of fences.

My wife and I now live about 15 minutes from the lifts so we have season passes. At a charity auction a couple years ago I won lessons that were good for either skiing or snowboarding, so I figured I'd try something new. Lessons make all the difference! I much prefer snowboarding now, but that's not to say I have anything against skiers or skiing. We're all on the mountain for the same reason!
The last three days, the rain was unstoppable. It was always cold, no sunshine.

Offline foxriderar77

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 12:49:56 am »
I am a huge skier, but have lots of friends that ride. Don't think I'll ever try though, like riding on 2 planks too much.

fsjm2112

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 01:09:59 am »
For the most part I ski. Thats what my parents taught me on and I never had any problems with skiing. Last winter was the first time i tried snowboarding and found that I also love snowboarding. At this point i am not very good at snowboarding but am working to get better. The only thing I HATE about snowboarding is getting off the lift. With skies you get off and go...with snowboarding you have to get off and tie up your board.

Offline Advent

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 02:12:31 am »
Once you get the hang of it it's possible to do your bindings while standing. That makes it almost as quick as skiers putting their pole straps back on.

The thing that I find sucks is getting off the lift with only one boot in. One of our lifts has an insane unloading ramp and you end up going down a ravine and up the other side before strapping in - the first few times it's pretty scary, after you get the hang of it there's only a problem when somebody else wipes out!

The snow today was awesome, BTW. I found a couple ravines and trails through the trees I hadn't known existed, and it's a lot of fun to ride through ravince tree tunnels!
The last three days, the rain was unstoppable. It was always cold, no sunshine.

Hotdogger

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 04:53:19 am »
been riding for many years and i'm happy I made the change oh so many years ago.  I honestly can't remember the last time I went skiing and i hope i'll be able to keep riding for many more years to come.  If you haven't tried it it's a pretty easy sport to take up just learn to fall properly so you don't break a wrist.  Now only if I could convert my girlfriend who grew up skiing.

Offline Dell

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 01:19:28 pm »
About snowboard bindings.  There is a company called Flow that makes bindings that almost allow you to click in and out like a ski binding.  There is a lever on the heelplate of the binding that you just push down and then you are able to remove your boot without adjusting any straps.  This allows you to unbuckle one boot without sitting down and also will allow you to temporarily put your boot back in while getting off the lift.

Offline skifan08

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 11:13:31 am »
Skiiiiiiing!!!!!! But to be fair, I've never tried snowboarding.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 11:21:59 am »
Definitely

I've tried snowboarding a couple of times and it just seems sort of dopey.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West