Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Snowboarding vs Skiing  (Read 8450 times)

Circa6510

Re: Snowboarding vs Skiing
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2012, 06:40:06 pm »
 :3456 :3456 :3456 :3456 :3456

SNOWBOARDING

Word makes me all fuzzy inside. Love it. Been to Switzerland, Saas fee, Lauterbrunnen, and France few times. Les Arcs, La Plagne. I need nudist friends with a chalet on a slope. I can cook a wicked lasagne. Any takers?

Offline jaznatsoc

• Nudie two-shoes
  • Casually Dressed
  • I'm a twenty-six-year-old male, expanding horizons
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 05:15:01 pm »
I opt for two skis.  My brother and my best friend are going snow-boarding this-coming weekend, and like usual, I'll be the only one in the group with skis, hahaha!
Member, non-landed club in central N.C.

fsjm2112

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 06:43:18 pm »
I'd love to go skiing but WE HAVEN'T HAD ANY SNOW  :cry: ... It's also been far to warm so snow is slushy during the day and icy at night..not fun and not worth paying for.

Snowkid

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 09:49:20 pm »
Love to snowboard. Been doing it for 14 years. Lake Tahoe has been my favorite place to board to date. Didn't bring my board to NYC and kinda bummed about that.

Offline collegeguy77

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2013, 02:07:10 am »
I tried to learn how to snowboard this past Christmas, but it didnt work out to well. im not a big cold weather person, and my balance sucks, so my face and the snow got to know each other very well that day haha

ill just stick to wakeboarding haha

Snowkid

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2013, 04:30:12 am »
I tried to learn how to snowboard this past Christmas, but it didnt work out to well. im not a big cold weather person, and my balance sucks, so my face and the snow got to know each other very well that day haha

ill just stick to wakeboarding haha

It's not for everyone. But I would say that you need more than one day to get snowboarding to make sense to your body and brain. I tell everyone if they can get to the end of the 2nd day then you are golden. The problem is the body may be aching from the day before falling on your ass a million times. ;-P But a 2nd day is the answer.

Offline collegeguy77

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2013, 05:29:36 am »
I messed up my arm the first day and couldn't move it for a month, so didnt have a chance to go the second day haha

Snowkid

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2013, 03:18:40 pm »
I messed up my arm the first day and couldn't move it for a month, so didnt have a chance to go the second day haha

Ouch, that will do it. Sorry that happened.

mitnickson

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2013, 12:53:03 am »

Same here but it was my leg and so I decided that skiing was my thing.

jessica_l

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2013, 11:52:39 pm »
i like both, i do snowboard more but its because most of my friends do to.

joers1023

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2013, 09:59:18 pm »
Skiing all the way! A lot of places to ski in Maine, great weekend activity all winter long

Offline MichaelColeman

• Mr Money Guy
  • Casually Dressed
  • Love Life and Smile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2013, 12:44:50 am »
 :63424 :63424

Snowboarding is the way to go.

joers1023

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2013, 10:31:04 am »
I competed on my nordic ski team in high school and enjoyed it very much.  Some world cup biathalon races have taken place in the state, in Ft. Kent and Presque Isle.  Watching world class, olympic caliber skiiers from all over the world has been great to see.  I also enjoy downhill skiing.  I go to Sugarloaf and Black Mountain here in Maine.

Offline Lemonfresh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2013, 08:26:26 pm »
Ski is the coolest way to go, that's aready what my first ski teacher said when I had to decide if I want ski or snowboad lessons... I took ski lessons and must say he was right...

:4245

Many good places to go for skiing in Austria, e.g. Sölden, St. Anton, Saalbach Hinterglem, Region Hochkönig, etc.. Will go to Switzerland this year for the forst time...

comporta

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2013, 09:47:20 pm »
Many good places to go for skiing in Austria, e.g. Sölden, St. Anton, Saalbach Hinterglem, Region Hochkönig, etc.. Will go to Switzerland this year for the forst time...

can't wait for the european season to begin!
St. Anton is in my wishlist