Naturist Resources > Asia

Topless sunbathing embarrasses foreigner & family (Thailand)

(1/2) > >>

Danee:
From: http://www.pattayamail.com/mailbag/topless-sunbathing-embarrasses-foreigner-family-2815

--- Quote ---Dear Editor,

I find farang women very distrustful when swimming and sunbathing. I was with my Thai spouse and her two young nieces from Korat at Jomtien Beach recently where many Thai families and very young children were enjoying a day out at the beach.

Two women in their 40’s were sunbathing topless for quite a long time near all the Thai people who dress very modestly while engaging in the sea side fun. My wife’s two nieces, aged 17 and 12, like many of the Thai people present, were very embarrassed by their disrespectful topless activities.

Would tourists and all sunbathers who visit this wonderful country of Thailand also respect their customs? I was also very embarrassed for the young ladies by those women flaunting their bare bodies like that.

Yours

P Browne

--- End quote ---

A retort letter from: http://www.pattayamail.com/mailbag/re-topless-sunbathing-embarrasses-foreigner-family-2958?ref=pmci

--- Quote ---Editor;

Well P Browne, here is the reality. Thailand needs tourists, holidaymakers and indeed encourages them to come to Thailand. In fact it’s about 15% of the GDP of Thailand. Pattaya is advertised as the “Extreme City”. Obviously foreigners come to Pattaya, Jomtien for a good time and spend there hard earned money. Bathing topless on the beach is not illegal in Thailand and it’s extremely common in Europe. If you or your wife or children get embarrassed, it’s easy go somewhere else. Whilst I agree that foreigners should respect the laws and customs of Thailand, it’s a two way street. Thailand wants tourists, so they have to respect what tourist want, as long as they don’t break the law.

Mike E
--- End quote ---

The beach looks awesome. 

neill:
It is nice to see a government related organisation sticking up for the tourist.  Especially in a place like Thailand.

bharat:
 In general, Asia needs a cultural revolution related to viewing nude body as obscene, but good to see the response for the letter of concern.

Brad:
There are so many things to worry about in life and to be "very embarrassed" about girls being topless...*sigh*. If it bothers you just move along.

ziggie1974:

--- Quote from: Brad on August 30, 2012, 02:48:17 pm ---There are so many things to worry about in life and to be "very embarrassed" about girls being topless...*sigh*. If it bothers you just move along.

--- End quote ---

you so on the money, i agree 100%

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version