Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Eurovision Song Contest  (Read 2698 times)

beachboy

Eurovision Song Contest
« on: May 14, 2011, 10:40:09 pm »
Is there another competition where the voting is more fun that the actual performance...apart from political elections. Just been watching the Eurovision Song Contest, the voting patterns are hillarious...Aussies can watch it on ABC in a few days...it's a mad event which is fairly Glam...Ireland represented by Jedward this year, they were in the British x-factor last year, very annoying but they have learned their craft so well, fair play to them, they were brilliant in the Eurovision! If you don't know anything about it you can check it out on www.eurovision.tv enjoy and laugh!!!

Offline RD

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Eurovision Song Contest
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 11:03:41 pm »
I so wanted Jedward to win! :3456 they never would have stopped bouncing; they are mental! Not sure Azerbaijan were worthy winners though, I didn't really notice them until the scores came out. The results really were biased to neighbouring countries and friendly countries, especially for Bosnia etc. I took them as a joke

Offline kobe.malta

• Nude with Towel
  • HEELLLOOOO EVERYONE!!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 11:07:41 pm »
voting is a joke. I wanted Denmark or Ireland :p I hate that the instruments are not live there.

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 08:06:51 am »
Azerbaijan were so nothingy compared to Sweden, Denmark and Ireland. I feel a bit cheated here.

But what can I say, I'm British and we gave 8 points to Moldova...

Leo_Loewe

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 09:02:55 am »
too bad Serbia or Slowenia did not win or the heavy Georgia band  :323232, which were my favoured ones.

I felt it was the best and widest range contest in a long time!

Great fun, in spite the fact that the instruments aren't live any more.
Whatever, great sound, great music, great singers, (and yet some who are not, sure ;-))

Karla

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 12:24:04 pm »
I haven't seen it for many years, but like general elections, the Eurovision song contest makes for a great drinking game.

Offline bunnyrabbit

• <3
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 07:28:01 pm »
I haven't seen it for many years, but like general elections, the Eurovision song contest makes for a great drinking game.

How can you make a drinking game out of that? I really need that info since this year we have some elections here.

On topic, didn't watch that for many sears now.

Offline Ed

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 07:43:20 pm »
Every time anyone gives 8, 10 or 12 for their immediate geographical neighbours, one shot. Whenever any country neighbouring Russia gives it 10 or 12, shout "PLEASE DON'T INVADE ME" and drink three shots.

Simple! :P

Wolfboy

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 10:29:46 pm »
All the bands I wanted to win never entered the Eurovision Song Contest, which I think is a wise desicion of them

Offline bunnyrabbit

• <3
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 08:12:11 am »
Every time anyone gives 8, 10 or 12 for their immediate geographical neighbours, one shot. Whenever any country neighbouring Russia gives it 10 or 12, shout "PLEASE DON'T INVADE ME" and drink three shots.

Simple! :P

What about a more up-to-date version; When a eastern european country gives points to EU country shout "PLEASE TAKE US IN THE UNION" and drink until you cannot feel your legs anymore.

mpcc88

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 08:38:34 pm »
Eurovision's so bad that it's good ;-)