Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Naked as a Jaybird  (Read 8060 times)

Offline Jaybird

• The great hungry one
  • Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
Naked as a Jaybird
« on: May 20, 2011, 04:31:56 am »
Jaybird an interesting nickname. My first real one actualy that I aquired in third grade from my friends. I had no idea then what that simple title would come to be only short of a decade later.

I've deceided to keep a collection of my thoughts on naturism here. This is so you guys can see into the confused mind of one nudist teen in the midst of making choices and finding out who he is. Compare my situation to yours or read for fun, either way, perhaps we can all gain something.

I lost that name in fourth grade I think. Despite the support my peers had for it, my teacher refused to call me that and wouldn't say why, only saying, "you'll see why soon."
One day durring a video on the story of Pecos Bill, the teacher finaly said, "This is why I don't call you Jaybird." The charactor who had found Pecos Bill living free amongst the wolves simply stated, "Why, he's naked as a Jaybird!"

I'll stop here for tonight. I'll post again when I have access to a computer.

Until then,
Jaybird/(Carl)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:18:45 pm by Jaybird »

Stuart

Re: Naked as a Jaybird
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 09:25:21 am »
There's a book called "Naked as a Jaybird", based on an old magazine title:

It had lots of very odd naked photos in it.

Offline Jaybird

• The great hungry one
  • Casually Dressed
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 04:00:59 am »
Haha, that's awesome Stuart. It really captures the essence of what it means to be one of the 'birds!   

Offline bunnyrabbit

• <3
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 05:32:29 pm »

Hmm.. You are calling this pics odd? Did you loose your "spark" or? :p :098

Stuart

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 05:34:13 pm »

Hmm.. You are calling this pics odd? Did you loose your "spark" or? :p :098

You haven't seen some of the other ones!

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 03:24:57 am »
JB, thanks for this!  This is cool that you started your own personal one. Do it in the teens section too? 
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Jaybird

• The great hungry one
  • Casually Dressed
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 02:49:26 am »
Your welcome! Nope, not at the moment, but I could I suppose.

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 02:01:37 pm »
http://www.tawonga.org/pdfs/11CampGuidebook.pdfJay!!!  I love how you took the time to scribe that and we DO appreciate it!  Thank-you! 

Other then AANR summer camps, there are camps in the U.S. who do permit skinnydipping, actually!  Some mention it on their site and its long in history (the skinny dipping policy) and they camps are well known and really great! 

http://www.tawonga.org/ is one of them. 

A mission-driven camping leader since 1925, Tawonga is a special place to thousands.  We offer programs for children, teens, adults, couples and families, and we'd love to have you join our community.Tawonga is a great place to relax, a great place to explore nature, a great place to celebrate, a great place to find yourself and a great place play.

From their camp guide, you will see their skinnydipping policy and its worked for a long time with mainstream families!  Good on them!

SKINNY-DIPPING POLICY
We believe that, when approached with thoughtfulness and maturity, skinny-dipping can be a positive
experience for campers. Our skinny-dipping policy was designed with an understanding that children have
differing levels of comfort with their bodies. Same sex groups, including staff members, are permitted to go
skinny-dipping, but only after a group discussion that emphasizes that it is an individual choice and all campers
may make their own decision. Skinny-dipping must be the campers’ idea and will not be suggested by staff.
Additionally, one counselor and the lifeguard must keep their clothes on at all times to ensure comfort and
safety. Please feel free to contact our office at (415) 543-2267 if you have any questions

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Hamish

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 04:11:22 pm »
 :2345  Nice one Jay, yeah, thanks for sharing with us!
Your experiences remind me of how I felt the first few times I experienced naturism as a teenager.
You will find that the more times you are nude in nature the less awkward you will feel.

May I suggest that if you are worried about getting "caught" wandering about in the buff then just stick with the skinny dipping, for now, as I think this would not be considered strange at all for most people, naturists or not. If others see how much you enjoy skinny dipping then you may find that they will join in aswell, sooner or later.
"We are never alone when we are with Mother Nature" ~ Anthony Douglas Williams

Offline kristin

• Euro Girl
  • Female Chat
  • Casually Dressed
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 08:41:06 pm »
http://www.tawonga.org/pdfs/11CampGuidebook.pdfJay!!!  I love how you took the time to scribe that and we DO appreciate it!  Thank-you! 

Funny to see this guidebook has an ipod policy.....my my how times have changed!
If you can't say anything nice, Don't say anything at all. : )