Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: E3 coming this week (E3 = Most Awesome Video Game Convention of the Year)  (Read 3555 times)

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
    • Absolute Freedom
This year at E3 we will see Nintendo's New System Debut currently titled Project Cafe (Not the final name - they always give them a weird code name until they make up their minds).

Surely their will be plenty of exciting game new as well. The best place to keep track (I think) is IGN

http://www.ign.com/events/e3

Offline Marney

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Nude is most convenient !!!
  • Referrals: 10
So now its official I love that forum =) Not only naturist nerds also the gameing nerds are here =))))
May the Force be with you, always !!!

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
I usually watch a live stream of Nintendo's Press Conference. What an enormously inconvenient time for landline internet to become unavailable.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
Well Nintendo's conference is not until Tuesday, maybe you can find internet access before then.

Microsoft and Sony tomorrow though. I'm not much for Sony, but I'll definitely be doing my best to keep up with Microsoft and Nintendo.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
Well Nintendo's conference is not until Tuesday, maybe you can find internet access before then.

Microsoft and Sony tomorrow though. I'm not much for Sony, but I'll definitely be doing my best to keep up with Microsoft and Nintendo.
I do have internet access, I just do not have the bandwidth to watch a stream of an hour or more. For another few weeks.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
http://www.gametrailers.com/ will also be airing the live press conferences and http://www.g4tv.com/ usually has extensive coverage as well.

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
You guys keeping up with things: Thus far my favorite news bits are Far Cry 3 & Nintendo Wii U (the next Nintendo system coming out next year)

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
Nintendo Wii U (the next Nintendo system coming out next year)

Hell yes! That one is a game changer.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

mpcc88

Hopefully the Wii-U controller isn't too expensive, they don't really look like the cheapest things to manufacture.

Riot.EXE

Hopefully the Wii-U controller isn't too expensive, they don't really look like the cheapest things to manufacture.

Looks like what they were tryin' to pull off with the GBA linked to the Gamecube, but better realized.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
Looks like what they were tryin' to pull off with the GBA linked to the Gamecube, but better realized.

Or Sony's "You can use the PSP as your rear mirror in Gran Turismo!"
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
I see a lot of potential in the Wii U, but I think it depends a lot on the execution. When I read about it, I was not as hooked as I was during the 3DS announcement (though that was before they announced the price and the launch lineup). What we need now is games that utilize the hardware well.

Offline RD

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
I think a big selling point for the Wii U is if it can support regular non-nintendo games like proper Call of Duty and Fifa etc. If Nintendo can do this well and still have the likes of Zelda and Mario always as a back up, it can really be a big threat to the 360 and PS3

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
I think a big selling point for the Wii U is if it can support regular non-nintendo games like proper Call of Duty and Fifa etc. If Nintendo can do this well and still have the likes of Zelda and Mario always as a back up, it can really be a big threat to the 360 and PS3
Agreed. I've been a Nintendo fan since I was a kid and got my first gaming device in the original Game Boy and shortly afterwords got a SNES. I thought the Wii not going HD and leaving a lot of so called "serious" games and developers behind was the wrong idea, although I get why they did it. It's weird that on what was probably the biggest announcement at E3, Nintendo managed to just confuse everyone by focusing on the controller until Reggie cleared things up on G4 and more people got the point that it was a new console.

And I'm practically giddy in anticipation for Arkham City. Easily my highlight of E3 even if nothing new came out or was shown. At least we finally got to see a demo.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 03:13:27 pm by NaturalInNY »

Riot.EXE

I'm Hype for "Street Fighter X Tekken" and that Atlus is bringin' "The King of Fighters XIII" to America.  Odd that there's still no footage of Namco's version of their second crossover with Capcom with, "Tekken X Street Fighter".

Also Hype for "Catherine" and "Devil Survivor 2".  Still gotta reserve 'em.