Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nudists call for Coast beach sites (Queensland)  (Read 2815 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Nudists call for Coast beach sites (Queensland)
« on: June 18, 2011, 03:28:17 pm »
Keep up the good fight guys!!!

From: http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/06/15/323735_gold-coast-news.html

THE embattled Couran Cove resort and secluded areas of The Spit have been identified as ideal locations for the Gold Coast's first official nude beach.

One of Australia's leading nudist advocates, Runaway Bay's Les Rootsey, says the city is missing out on a lucrative tourist market because nude beaches are illegal in Queensland.

Dr Rootsey said the Australian Free Beach Association had been battling for more than 30 years to change the law.

"Queensland has the most ideal nude beach climate," he said.

"There are a couple of unofficial nude beaches in Queensland at Noosa, Cairns and Mackay.
Have your say on the feedback form below

Dr Rootsey said Byron Bay has the closest legal nude beach to the Gold Coast but the Australian Free Beach Association has been trying to have a legal nude beach established in Queensland for almost 30 years.

"It is a political matter -- every other state government has legalised it," he said.

Dr Rootsey, publisher of the Australian Naturist magazine -- said there was a large nudist tourism market around the world. He said there was a nudist-dedicated town in France and resorts in the US that were patronised by up to 20,000 people.

His nudist magazine has a circulation of 25,000 in Australia.

"Internationally, there are some very large resorts that attract 30,000 people at a time," he said.

Dr Rootsey said nude beaches must be secluded from passersbys but also needed to be easily policed.

He said the best locations on the Gold Coast were The Spit and the former Couran Cove resort.

"I used to live at Couran Cove resort and it would be very suitable," he said.

The closest legal nudist beach is at Byron Bay.
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
Re: Nudists call for Coast beach sites (Queensland)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 04:23:29 am »
Thanks for this, Danee - I've just posted it to my local nudist groups and hope to galvanise them to take action. :-D
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

cc71

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:27:28 am »
It would be great if a nude beach is established there. If such a thing goes ahead the Gold Coast tourism industry will be boosted even further.

BTW when did the other states legalise nude beaches? I know South Australia was the first state to do so in 1975 followed by NSW a year later. I think Victoria introduced naturist beaches in 1984.

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 09:02:15 am »
Have a look at this site for more info: http://www.freebeach.com.au
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

bourne13

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 01:59:10 pm »
I hope this comes to fruition!!!!!!

cc71

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 11:22:59 pm »
Yeah, thanks, Dario