Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: NFL Football  (Read 19994 times)

Offline gamez

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 09:05:58 pm »
You actually admit to being a Raider fan?. OUCH. My favorite teams are the Bengals (we've had some bad years as well) and the NO Saints. Both of them are doing great this year.

Raiders fan since 1985^^

So, how about them Saints? 13-0 and still my pick to go all the way.

Offline Craig

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 11:22:15 pm »
The saints defense will let them down.

Carl

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2009, 04:03:32 am »
A lot of talk about the Saints but what about Indy?

~Miami Fins Fan~

Offline davky

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2009, 06:15:13 am »
This is the first year that I've watched American Football. It happens to be on telly most days at the time I'm at the gym and have begun watching it there. Previously I've always found it to be slow, boring and repetitive, but after watching a bit this year I have grown more tolerant. It is nice to be open minded.

I have chosen to be a Green Bay fan - I'm not entirely sure why. It may be because I had the EA game on PS1 years ago and the Packers were by far the strongest team with a good QB, HB and WRs.

Anyway, moral to the story is its been fun having a new sporting interest.

Offline Craig

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2009, 02:54:14 pm »
Yep sounds like those were the best packers years.  The QB you played with on your game is still playing, plays for the vikings now.

Offline gamez

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2009, 02:38:10 am »

~Miami Fins Fan~

I've been having this vision of the Colts choking in their first playoff game in my head for quite some time. Plus, they're already won a Super Bowl, let's give the Saints a chance in the spotlight :-p.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2009, 03:18:19 am »
Interesting that with a new 24hr sports channel here in Sydney, I've been catching a couple of NFL games. Last night i watched the NY Giants get beaten by the Philadelphia Eagles. Man, how fast is Desean Jackson(10) of the eagles?! It was a good game. I'm like Davky, it's new to me, but I'm coming around.

Carl

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2009, 04:37:08 am »

~Miami Fins Fan~

I've been having this vision of the Colts choking in their first playoff game in my head for quite some time. Plus, they're already won a Super Bowl, let's give the Saints a chance in the spotlight :-p.

Good point!

I may be American, but it also took awhile for this sport to get my attention. I've found that NFL football is rather repetitive but the fun seems to come from picking a team and watching how they do. The shorter seasons also help keep your attention as apposed to several other sports which can feel like they drag on a little too long. 

Offline davky

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2009, 08:18:09 am »
From a newbies point of view, I wish every play were a Hail Mary - fun, fast and awesome when they come off.

Offline gamez

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2009, 11:03:11 pm »
Glad to see so many non-US fans of my favorite sport^^. You guys are nicer to American Football than we are to European Football :-p.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 12:40:20 am by gamez »

randomer909

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2009, 11:15:41 pm »
Interesting that with a new 24hr sports channel here in Sydney, I've been catching a couple of NFL games. Last night i watched the NY Giants get beaten by the Philadelphia Eagles. Man, how fast is Desean Jackson(10) of the eagles?! It was a good game. I'm like Davky, it's new to me, but I'm coming around.
Oh yeah!!! Boo-yaka-Sha!!!! What a win for the eagles! Now were top of the NFC East!!! :543

And yes, Desean Jackson is one to watch for the future. GO EAGLES!!

Carl

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2009, 04:04:40 am »
The Colts have gotten lucky this season: a lot. Thursday was just another example of this, (Jacksonville was about to score but chocked and threw an interception to lose the game.) Indianapolis will faultier eventually.

Offline Craig

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2009, 12:51:39 am »
The Colts have gotten lucky this season: a lot. Thursday was just another example of this, (Jacksonville was about to score but chocked and threw an interception to lose the game.) Indianapolis will faultier eventually.

I don't know if I would say the Colts have got lucky as they usually as much as I would say Peyton has played amazing.

skeeter7206

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2009, 01:23:12 am »
The bears have let me down this season. Things were supposed to be different with cutler, but i guess not. I just get sad every sunday knowing that another defeat lies before us. But there is always next year!

Offline Craig

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2009, 01:44:24 am »
The bears have let me down this season. Things were supposed to be different with cutler, but i guess not. I just get sad every sunday knowing that another defeat lies before us. But there is always next year!

Ouch the bears have probably had about as bad a year as a team could have.  Played well below their expectations.