General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Sports Bar!

Sword fighting

<< < (2/13) > >>

Padraig:
If you can find them, I'd recommend longsword. I never did manage to get the lessons, but my friend took them for a good while till he ran out of funds. It was indeed very impressive, built a lot of strength and agility up, was just as useful as any of the more popular Eastern martial arts.

SecretlytruenudeM92:
If i got Holy Blade of Ragnell it would have some new features i would need to discuss with a master smith before its forged.

A lot of modern smilths use non combat ready teqniques to forge them like adding huge amounts of carbon to the steel. Wich would make them strong to a point but the more u put in the more the blade looses its ability to bend and flex then reaturn to shape like metal. Insted these new swords behave like ceramics, they dont bend. They snap.

In addition to quenching in liquid nitrogen. The nitrogen is inert so it cant directly weaken the metal. In stead the extreme difference in heat between hot metal and liquid-gas that the temper of the blade is made too hard to bend. Again the result is a broken blade, ouch. Dont want that to happen. Especially in battle. Talk about bloody murder.

Delta:
A friend of mine has practiced Kendo for a while. He had a pair of practice swords (shinai) before he started, and once we "dueled" a little in the woods. It was fun, though it is very stressful for the skin of your hands to hold the grip of a sword for an extended amount of time.

Also, I doubt you will be using swords in a fight for life and death a lot these days.

SecretlytruenudeM92:
No i guess not. Cant imagine why you would actually want to chop someone up. But sword duels with unsharpened swords would be cool. Victory would be awarded by marking or landing blows on opponents that are wearing pressure senstive armor. If you take a hit it realeases fake blood.

Could have different fight classes too. Like 2 handed class, single with sheild, multiple combat, dual wielding, japanese katana. In fact isnt fencing a sword duel with rapiers?

FantasyFan2011:

--- Quote from: grimbeorn on June 26, 2011, 01:06:24 pm ---
--- Quote from: SecretlytruenudeM92 on June 24, 2011, 07:44:10 pm ---No i guess not. Cant imagine why you would actually want to chop someone up.

--- End quote ---

It's clear: a zombie holocaust is approaching (or maybe a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world) and the you will cry a river cause you don't have lots of sharp things and your fire arms have run out of ammo.  :323232

--- End quote ---

I really don't see the obsession with zombies...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version