Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Who wants to write a book?  (Read 42609 times)

Karla

Re: Who wants to write a book?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 07:34:34 am »
Been working on a ghost / horror novel for years. In the last year the idea has really gelled and I realise that I could make be making an underlying point about the role of science in society. I have about 40,000 words but I very rarely get time to write it.

There are two ideas behind the book.

1) We fear most losing what we rely upon
2) A ghost should still be subject to the laws of thermodynamics.

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 07:44:37 am »
I've always considered writing a book someday, though I think of what the subject it would be, it would come down to two: Essays I have written in the past about things I've observed with society or write something that is socially satirical.
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Offline Chill

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 06:27:07 am »
I just recently happened upon a book I started writing two or three years ago and completely forgot about. Managed to reach nearly five thousand words, probably the longest thing I've ever written. I like to consider myself a relatively good writer but I'm ridiculously bad at structure. I was even worse two or three years ago!

That bug has been biting me again, though; I just might have to put pen to paper again.

Stuart

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 08:34:11 am »
Now my question. Even though I just did it, is it ok to kinda plug the book on this forum or perhaps other places (not just here).

Well, given that I have plugged my novel, "Naturist, Red in Tooth and Claw", (an exciting tale of naturists fighting zombies, available for Amazon Kindle and on Smashwords for a variety of devices - reviewed by H&E in August's issue and described as "an accomplished first novel"), then you should be ok.

Offline pbtoejam05

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 06:51:19 pm »
Thought this was quite adequate.

:grin:

Sam

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 07:27:33 pm »
I myself have just recently signed up for National Novel Writing Month for November, anyone else done this before?

www.nanowrimo.org

Offline bluetrain

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 08:53:38 pm »
I really want to write a book, but I'm overly critical about everything I write. I have really high standards when it comes to literature, so I'm afraid I'll never be able to write something intelligent enough.
"Too many young folk have addition to superficial things and not enough conviction for substantial things like justice, truth and love."
- Cornel West

Offline pbtoejam05

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 11:58:39 pm »
I myself have just recently signed up for National Novel Writing Month for November, anyone else done this before?

www.nanowrimo.org

Yep, I have!!  This will be my 5th year.  I'm excited!  Let me know if you have any questions.

Sam :)

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 07:20:19 pm »

www.nanowrimo.org

Yep, I have!!  This will be my 5th year.  I'm excited!  Let me know if you have any questions.

Sam :)

I just might!  I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  I have bad attention deficit when it comes to typing on a computer, not to mention concerns about plot and things, but I think I'll be able to spew something out.  And Bluetrain the thing with the NaNoWriMo is it's all about output...quality is what editing are for.  The month is dedicated totally to just getting thoughts out there, one can always polish later

deervalley

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 02:39:15 pm »
I have always wanted to write a children's book.  My dad used to always tell my stories about the adventures of a little troll.  I was always so intrigued at how many different adventures he woulda me up.  I remember everyone of the stories in detail and want to write a series of books with illustrations.  I'm not sure how to go about finding out if a company would have any interest in publishing.  Any advice would be great.

PrinceOfNaturism

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 07:48:09 pm »
Yes I do. I have some really good ideas, but figuring out the plot is killing me.

Stuart

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 09:16:58 pm »
Yes I do. I have some really good ideas, but figuring out the plot is killing me.

I always find writing a list of plot bullet points helpful. That way you can write important sections first, which I find helps keep the plot consistent.

PrinceOfNaturism

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 04:18:00 pm »
Thanks!

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 08:50:44 am »
I have thought about that many times. And I still think that in one point in my life I might write a book, or two. But for now I want to gather more life-experience and more confidence. I love literature, but when I do write something down, I tend to delete it right away. I am my worst critic.

In the future I would like to write scientific novels and travel novels.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 08:52:25 am by Northman »

jcs2010

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 11:13:31 pm »
I'm currently trying to write a book of poems base on imagination and reality.

I'm also writing a musical with a few friends of mine about the notion of fandom but from an adventurous angle.