Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Brüno  (Read 4670 times)

Offline Blu Bunny

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
  • SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK! <3
  • Referrals: 0
    • My Deviantart Site
Brüno
« on: July 12, 2009, 03:58:06 am »
Brüno Trailer

This movie was...interesting to say the least. He claims most of the people his character interacts with are unknowing and unsuspecting, but at the length he goes, you really have to wonder about that. Either way, this movie was...interesting. I laughed, I was shocked, I was apalled, I was moved, I was just...wow. Great movie, sick movie, terrible movie, hilarious movie, romantic movie, stupid movie. You just can't describe it in one word. You just can't.

Please visit my Deviant Art Page

Offline Woah

• Topless with bottoms
Re: Brüno
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 11:56:24 pm »
I totally agree. i saw it and i just didnt know what to think.sometimes id laugh sometimes i felt that i shouldnt even look at the screen.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 03:09:27 am »
lol. These comments don't surprise me at all. I can't stand the guy and I have no intention of seeing it on any format. Same goes for Borat.

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 01:12:10 pm »
Brüno Trailer

This movie was...interesting to say the least. He claims most of the people his character interacts with are unknowing and unsuspecting, but at the length he goes, you really have to wonder about that. Either way, this movie was...interesting. I laughed, I was shocked, I was apalled, I was moved, I was just...wow. Great movie, sick movie, terrible movie, hilarious movie, romantic movie, stupid movie. You just can't describe it in one word. You just can't.

I'm looking forward to seeing it. One of the nearby theaters has beer; something I think would compliment the movie well!

Joey

Offline MERRD

• Nude without Towel
  • The Royal Naked One
    • My Interview on IYNO
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 10:07:06 pm »
I've seen it today on the plane... It's soo funny. I was hooked on Bruno ever since he appeared on the Ali G show, and well - this movie lives up to that. I admit it was a little rude at some points, but whatever...

Vassüp?
"They found out my degree was less than legitimate"
"I thought you had a bachelor from Columbia?"
"Yeah, so now I need one from America"

Offline Oboe

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 04:30:07 am »
I saw it a few days. For me, it's one of those movies that is soo bad it's funny. Though some scenes just made me cringe with disgust.

sydney25

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 04:47:04 pm »
I can't wait to see it. I loved the trailer and it looks great fun whilst at the same time having moments that make you cringe  :123

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 09:46:30 pm »
I was initially very excited to catch the movie. However, after watching it, i think it is tasteless, crass, offensive and stereotyping. There was very little substance in the movie. Its all media overhype, recycled tricks borrowed from borat and just aims for shock value.

And you were surprised by this? xD
On an extended IYNO break... for now.

pat9916

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 05:08:05 am »
lol. These comments don't surprise me at all. I can't stand the guy and I have no intention of seeing it on any format. Same goes for Borat.

I couldn't agree more! Sasha B Cohen is (in my book) the most annoying man on the planet. I refuse to spend my money on the crap he thinks passes as entertainment.

Stuart

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 07:07:41 pm »
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 08:24:09 pm by Stuart »

Offline Blu Bunny

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
  • SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK! <3
    • My Deviantart Site
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 11:21:51 pm »
Bruno has apparently been re-cut just for British MPs:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-%26-entertainment/bruno-re%11cut-for-mps-200907171913/

As I said frequently during the movie...no. No. Just No. The original was enough.

Please visit my Deviant Art Page

Tom

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 11:45:16 pm »
really good and truth movie

Offline MERRD

• Nude without Towel
  • The Royal Naked One
    • My Interview on IYNO
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 10:45:03 pm »
YOU ARE AUSTRIAN MAN..
Don't you watch FUNKIZEIT mit Bruno?  :P
"They found out my degree was less than legitimate"
"I thought you had a bachelor from Columbia?"
"Yeah, so now I need one from America"

innersouth2020

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 12:51:23 pm »
Starring: Sacha Baron Cohen

Genre: Comedy

Summary: Bruno is the camp fashion reporter who believes he represents the Austrian Youth on TV and soon finds himself on the Z-List of the celebrity world.

Determined to climb his way back to the top, Bruno moves to America to break into the market and once again make a name for himself on an international platform. From stealing a baby from Africa to attending a swingers party, there is nothing he will not do to try to be on top once more.

My Review: Bruno, Borat, Bruno, Borat, was there a difference other then one portraying a stereotypical image of a gay man and the other being straight?

I did find myself laughing throughout this movie but again its that comedy that is more “did they really just do that?” as opposed to being comedy that would stand the test of time as being funny.

This movie was much more staged then Borat and it really could have been called “Borat 2: leaving your donkey for a man”.

The hype over this movie in the end kinda killed any real interest in this movie for me and I can say I have seen it, and now move on with my life.

sydney25

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 04:35:13 pm »
I am seeing it on Wednesday when I get back to London from Berlin. I am so excited :)