Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Origami  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Topher

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Origami
« on: July 23, 2011, 02:19:25 am »
Is anyone here familiar with the Origami, the art of paper folding? I took up this hobby about four years ago and discovered that it was much more than just paper folding. Designing and folding Origami models requires both math and elements of sculpture. This art traditionally restricts the artist from using glue or cuts in crafting a model and requires that the model be made of a single sheet of square paper.

While I never devoted myself to Origami fully enough to be able to design anything of substance I do very much enjoy folding the models of some of the master designers. I have two books on my shelf with the diagrams (a step by step folding process of a given model) of some of my favorite artists.

Here is a link to a gallery of one of my favorite artists Robert Lang: Origami Gallery. Once again, keep in mind that all these models are made of one square sheet of paper, and neither cuts nor glue was used to create the model.

-Aaron