Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Photography  (Read 22334 times)

Offline TheSeane

• Shouting it out loud
  • I'm not an ambi-turner.
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Photography
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 05:48:39 pm »
I tell people that scuba is the closest thing you can feel to being in outer space or flying. It's like visiting a different world. 80% of our world is water and if you don't scuba dive you are stuck to just 20% of our planet.

I don't have an underwater photography "roll model" yet, but on land I really like Sally Mann and Will McBride.

This is one I took…

That is a VERY cool image!!!!  Deep sea water kinda freaks me out, just never know what's lurking I guess haha!  For that same reason I'm completely fascinated by it too.  Also, I LOOOOVE Sally Mann!  She was the inspiration behind a book I have in the works right now.  Kodi is the main model for it.

Hey,

nice to see that there are some more photographers here.

I'm learning by doing and getting better every year. Last year I sold my old Canon EOS 350D and bought myself a Canon EOS 7D.

I don't try to do any artwork I just try to picture things like they're really are. Mostly nature, more specifically plants. I wanna show other people little details of plants they don't even recognized because most people see plants only cursorily(?) .
Moreover I'm interested in photographing things, our eyes aren't able to see, because of speed or something.

Hope to hear and see some stuff from other users, unfortunately I'm not able to see others galleries... :(

The 7D is a great camera!  And detail stuff is a lot of fun.  I love macro lenses :-D.  The galleries will open up, just keep posting :-).  Very cool action shot of that little guy!  Is that his tongue sticking out?  :-D

Here's a shot from one of my last gigs.  Model got signed to a new agency and needed updates for her portfolio.

kavikanudist

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 02:26:37 pm »
Thanks man! I'm glad you like that shot! I was 150 feet deep in the ocean on a ship wreck. It was a great dive!

kavikanudist

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 03:18:19 am »
I haven't taken too many artistic nudes of myself but I would like to. I love your films Andrew. I'd love to see some of your photos.

kavikanudist

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 02:04:21 pm »
I really need to do the same. I have taken many images but have so few posted anywhere!

channel

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 04:50:24 pm »
I'm using a Nikon D300 just now - selection of lenses. Have had a variety of Nikons, only really upgraded to a D300 so I could provide more for publication - many seek lots of megapixies before they consider using!

Stuart

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 05:09:10 pm »
I can't believe I missed this thread!

I use a Sonay A700, with a Sigma EX 28-70mm as my main lens, with a 105mm macro and 20mm lens as well, both Sigma EX.

I also still use film. I have a Hasselblad 500cm, using an 80mm lens as standard, but with a 50mm, 60mm, 150mm and a whopping great big 500mm lens for it.

Karla

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 05:22:17 pm »
I am also a scuba diver and have started learning underwater photography!

I used to do scuba diving before I took up paragliding. I took an underwater camera down with me, a film camera. Digital was still in its infancy otherwise I would have used that instead. It was just a compact camera in its own housing but it was very useful for other water activities like kayaking and canyoning when other cameras would just break. I found the most important thing was to have an adequate flash. I've just looked at my photos again and they remind me of the trips underwater that I used to do when I would have otherwise forgotten them.

Offline FKKFan

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 09:26:52 am »
I'm a big fan of photography and shoot with Canon and Sony.

kavikanudist

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 02:29:08 pm »

What Canon do you use and do you like it?

Offline pbtoejam05

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2012, 03:28:18 pm »
I took a photography class in college.  Had to learn how to develop my black and white film myself.  I think learning to develop your shots old school is a good skill to have.  It makes you really study your shots before you take them.
I have a little 12 mega pixel Panasonic Lumix.  I've gotten some okay shots with it.
Don't have enough money to get a bigger camera yet. :)
No offense to anyone but I don't believe in Photoshop either.

Sam :)

Offline FKKFan

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2012, 06:22:45 pm »

What Canon do you use and do you like it?

5D and yes, I love it!

Offline King Pizza

• I'm too blessed to be dressed ><N>
  • Shouting it out loud
  • unstressed = undressed; no curse means no clothes
  • Referrals: 7
    • My Linktree
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 11:12:33 pm »
I have an Olympus Stylus 5010. It's a 14MP camera and I really like it, as I have gotten some really nice shots with it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:14:23 pm by cpen05 »
John 8:32 Truth=freedom
><> (Christianity) + Naturism = ><N> Christian Naturist
"We must pray for the courage to endure the scorn of the sophisticated world"- Justice A. Scalia
Once we existed in colonies; now, we are free. ><N>
Proud to be an American Conservative Nudist

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2012, 11:24:30 pm »
Lightroom is the best editing software I have found to date. I like how it saves the edits separately, never touches the original and then exports the finished product when you're ready.

The only issue I have is that I came from a CAD background so I new what I wanted to do but Lightroom is labled entirely in photography language.

I have never used GIMP though...

Offline TheSeane

• Shouting it out loud
  • I'm not an ambi-turner.
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 04:09:38 am »
As far as software, about 90% of my work is done in a program called Aperture.  Basically, Apple designed their own version of Adobe's Lightroom.  I LOVE IT!  Only time I ever have to open up photoshop is when I need to completely change a background or something like that. 

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 05:12:52 am »
Has anyone used iMatch? Opinions