Naturist Resources > Europe

Starlets beware, Cannes bans nudists (July, 2009)

(1/1)

Danee:
IT'S a guaranteed way for an aspiring movie starlet to win herself some free exposure, parading semi-nude at Cannes, but attention seekers now have to be sure to at least keep their clothes on.

The French resort, home to the world's most famous film festival, has issued a decree banning naturism on the Mediterranean seafront after wealthy yacht owners complained that acres of bare tanned flesh were lowering the tone.

Municipal spokesman Iris Perben said that the council had reissued an order reminding sun-worshippers that nudity is banned on all Cannes beaches, except those on the island of Sainte Marguerite.

"I've nothing against naturists, but setting up here, where everyone has to see, is indecent,''

Cannes Yacht Club commodore Jean-Claude Montesinos told the local newspaper, Nice-Matin, saying there are sailing schools in the area.

"When the kids go out on the club house terrace to judge the wind the first thing they see is a row of bare bottoms.''

Ms Perben said town police will be empowered to fine nude sunbathers.

from: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25779353-23109,00.html

I am sure, topfree will continue but I wonder, what French kid is offended by a nude body? I doubt they freak. 

vanesa1017:
I doubt they freak too, I wonder what the story behind the story really is.

Nude_not_rude:
Damn! Yet again they think mentioning the innocence of the kids strengthens their argument.
--- Quote ---"When the kids go out on the club house terrace to judge the wind the first thing they see is a row of bare bottoms.''
--- End quote ---
Now that sux!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version