Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bill Goldberg return?  (Read 1500 times)

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
Bill Goldberg return?
« on: August 09, 2011, 03:30:01 pm »
Goldberg has revealed in an interview that we WILL see him wrestle again, and most likely before the end of 2011. But where will he go and what will he do. I personally think that he will go to TNA and bring back the old WCW rivalry with Sting. A friend of mine argues the point that Goldberg and Bischoff never got on behind the scenes and therefore Goldberg wouldn't sign with him again. Thus meaning Goldberg is more likely to return to the WWE. Maybe put some of the new, younger stars (Miz, R-Truth etc.) in their place. I think that if Goldberg did return to WWE it would be to push one of the upcoming stars, such as Dolph Ziggler or Alberto Del-Rio, in a classic 'Legend Killer' rivalry. Where do you think he will go and what are the possible storylines?

I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline bulletpr00f_m0nk

• Topless with bottoms
  • Just an average guy w/ not-so-average insights :)
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Bill Goldberg return?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 03:08:21 am »
Hmm, I admit that I liked Goldberg when he arrived onto the WCW scene some years, when he was obliterating the competition....signed off with his signature phrase: "Who's Next?"...lol

However, in this day and age, it seems the wrestlers people want to see are the ones who do not have a one-dimensional skill set- which unfortunately can be applied to Goldberg.  Technical skills are all the rage these days.

Therefore, I see Goldberg making an appearance as a more subdued character...i.e. the quiet bodyguard type role to an up-and-coming star.  Just my opinion.  It would be nice if he can prove me wrong though :)

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 02:31:14 pm »

I see Goldberg making an appearance as a more subdued character...i.e. the quiet bodyguard type role to an up-and-coming star.  Just my opinion.  It would be nice if he can prove me wrong though :)

I think he is too big of a star for that. With Kevin Nash appearing on Raw recently maybe they could be making a new and much improved NWO. There's so many possibilities.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline bulletpr00f_m0nk

• Topless with bottoms
  • Just an average guy w/ not-so-average insights :)
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 05:07:29 pm »
Hmm, I admit I'm not 100% up-to-date on the latest WWE storylines....just that everything currently seems to revolve around Orton and Cena.

However, Nash and Goldberg certainly still have a presence about them that can still command attention.

The NWO years in the WCW was probably the last great plot pulled off by of that organization before Vinnie bought them over...but not sure if the WWE will re-visit that idea as they've spun so many cliques of their own since then (i.e. D-X, Evolution, Nexus, etc.).

Ahh well, we'll probably never know.  We shall see soon enough :)

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 12:31:45 am »
After a lot of talented wrestlers left the sport, I've lost almost interest. Todays wrestlers dont have the same spark and charisma, well at least in my opinion. It would good to see Goldberg make his return.

By the way Chrisw91, your avatar is a crack up lmao

I would agree that in recent years the sport has lacked that charisma. But now there are superstars like The Miz, Zack Ryder and CM Punk who certainly has plenty spark too.

And thank you

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 06:05:23 pm »
Im not a big fan of the miz... everytime i see him i want to change the channel and see what else is on. Randy Ortan, Sin Cara and John Cena are probably my faves....Cant for get the Divas either lol

I must admit Im a John Cena hater. He annoys me so much. Sure its not entirely his fault, its the story writers using the same old stuff over and over. But he still bugs me.