Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Songs from a Broadway/Musical  (Read 3616 times)

Offline canadianguy16

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Songs from a Broadway/Musical
« on: July 18, 2009, 12:08:41 am »
didnt see a topic about this yet so i thought i would start one. wat about songs from a broadway show or a musical? i dont know how many of you out there are into this or anything but i cant be the only one. i admit ive never seen a show but i like the music displayed in it.

avenue Q has got to have the funniest music. my favourite being schadenfreude, probably because of the whole 'haha your life sucks right now and i find it funny' kind of attitude of the song

i dont know anyone who loves musicals that doesnt know wicked. popular would be my favourite from that. kristen chenoweth is such a cutie:)

Nude_not_rude

Re: Songs from a Broadway/Musical
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 03:13:09 am »
Yeah I used to love Les Miserables, haven't heard it in a while though. Also don't mind MyFairLady..some cool songs there. another old one is Singing In the Rain with Gene Kelly I think. Cool old musical.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 03:14:56 am by Toddo »

Offline bendy698

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 08:15:23 am »
I love musicals! And pretty much any musical... I've found that I'm not particularity picky when it comes to this category of cinema/performance. I like them all - everything from the classics like Sound of Music to the more modern day ones such as Rent. I have only seen one live (Mamma Mia) several years ago before it was adapted to film and it was quite enjoyable. I really want to go see this particular musical however, because it just so happens to be what I'm into! lol

« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:17:35 am by bendy698 »
-Bendy

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 11:44:10 am »
I love the music from musicals, but have only really got into them recently. The main reason I have is because my new school puts on 2 huge west end quality musicals every year, which I'm lucky to have been in both this year. We've got some really talented kids, and it's helped me open my eyes to all kinds of amazing music from the stage. But like a bunch of people here, I've only ever seen one musical live, which was Chicago.  Love that show :P

Loads of the songs from Chicago: Cell Block Tango (classic!), All That Jazz, All I Care About Is Love, We Both Reached For The Gun and I Can't Do It Alone. I also love the score from Jeykll and Hyde, but only because we used a bunch of songs from it in our last show, you guys should definitely check out: Transformation, This Is The Moment, Good and Evil and Alive. Also, Robert Cuccioli is the best Jekyll and Hyde in my opinion ^^

avenue Q has got to have the funniest music. my favourite being schadenfreude, probably because of the whole 'haha your life sucks right now and i find it funny' kind of attitude of the song

Couldn't agree more, it's a hilarious song xD

Can't think of any more right now, but I'm sure I'll remember sometime down the line.
On an extended IYNO break... for now.

Offline Woah

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 03:00:59 am »
I really like this song. Hair from Hair!

Hair - Tony Awards 2009

Offline bendy698

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 05:37:13 pm »
That... was awesome!
-Bendy

simonalexander2005

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 07:50:28 pm »
Loads of the songs from Chicago

I'll agree there - the songs are epic! And as a saxophonist i love some o fthe jazzy numbers.

Does Scrubs - the musical count? ;)

Offline Woah

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 03:01:30 am »
Scrubs the musical is the best!i would say it counts. one of my favorite scrubs eopisodes. :543

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 12:07:16 pm »
Scrubs the musical is the best!i would say it counts. one of my favorite scrubs eopisodes. :543

lol that episode is on the tele right now!!! gonna watch it.

innersouth2020

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 01:56:10 pm »
when I lived in NYC, I used to go to with friends to as many Broadway and off Broadway shows  and tv episode recordings as we could... I think the music from Jersey Boys is still great... timeless kinda stuff everyone sings along to based on Frankie Vall and the Four Seasons.... we did see an odd off Broadway show called "Take Me Out" which we knew nothing about and was to do with some Baseballer who was in the closest or something.. i won't forget it, not for the performance... but for the old man sitting next to me who had binoculars even though were in the fourth row in the middle.. and he used them during the very nude shower scenes in the 'locker room' on the stage.. he only stayed for the first half and didn't come back from intermission... hope he didnt have a heart attack with all the nudity lol