Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 2012 London Olympics!!!  (Read 6679 times)

relentlessrob

2012 London Olympics!!!
« on: August 29, 2011, 09:42:38 am »
Hi All!

Does anyone have plans to go to the London Olympics next year?
 My mate and I have tickets, I'm well excited about it.

Offline aepplerqueen

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 6
    • Anne :-)
Re: 2012 London Olympics!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 11:06:29 am »
I'm not so very intersested in those kind of sports - its to commercial, so I do not go there

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 12:50:00 pm »
It's very expensive for me. But I'll be watching from tv, I love this big sports events, like Olympics, Winter Olympics and FIFA World Cup.
A nova geração.

Offline saskguy_78

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 12:36:55 am »
What events are you going too?

relentlessrob

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 11:34:56 am »
Well after applying for a whole bunch, we ended up only getting Beach Volleyball, which sounds kind of suspect, but we did try for Athletics, Swimming, Shooting and I wanted some equestrian, I think there will be another release, so I have some money waiting in my UK bank account to try and pick up a few more. There will be a resale as well early next year so fingers crossed.

Stuart

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 12:58:59 pm »
Well after applying for a whole bunch, we ended up only getting Beach Volleyball, which sounds kind of suspect, but we did try for Athletics, Swimming, Shooting and I wanted some equestrian, I think there will be another release, so I have some money waiting in my UK bank account to try and pick up a few more. There will be a resale as well early next year so fingers crossed.

:543 :543 :543 :543 :543

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 01:20:50 pm »

What do you mean "apply"? You have to apply and then the organization select/raffle the tickets between those who applied?
A nova geração.

relentlessrob

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 10:35:25 am »
Yup you have to apply then the applications go in to a draw for each even or random selection etc, they knew they would have to many applications for the events so they set it up that way. As I have a UK bank account I was able to apply in the main draw for the UK saving me a fortune of all the local authorized sellers about 20% on average.

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 08:43:28 pm »
Yup you have to apply then the applications go in to a draw for each even or random selection etc, they knew they would have to many applications for the events so they set it up that way. As I have a UK bank account I was able to apply in the main draw for the UK saving me a fortune of all the local authorized sellers about 20% on average.

Thanks for the explanation. I think it's a fair method of selection.

In 2014, there will be FIFA World Cup here in Brazil, and Salvador (the city where I live) will be one of the host cities. I'm really looking foward to watch an official World Cup game here, it's gonna be epic! But it'll probably have this same procedure to get tickets, so, besides saving money from now on, I'll must have an amount of luck too!
A nova geração.

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 06:45:37 am »
Was in London three weeks ago - riots aside the place looks like a building site.  Not an encouragement to be back anytime soon.
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

Karla

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 06:47:45 am »
Well now that we have had the opening ceremony, it's probably time to bump this thread!

I'm very curious as to what non-Brits thought of the opening ceremony.

Offline mrj001

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 07:40:33 am »
Well now that we have had the opening ceremony, it's probably time to bump this thread!

I'm very curious as to what non-Brits thought of the opening ceremony.

I rather liked it.  I don't really care about the artsy stuff, but it was good.  I liked that the London cauldron is even more complex and elaborate than the 2010 Vancouver one, and it even worked properly, so... yeah Britain.  Also, everything is better with Mr Bean.

Stuart

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 09:34:00 am »
I liked the bit where Voldermort hovered over the NHS while JK Rowling, a woman who has publically called for rich people to pay more taxes, read out some JM Barrie. Barrie left the rights to Peter Pan to Great Ormond Street hospital, an act of philanthropy which encouraged others and ultimately led to the NHS. David Cameron must have shuffled awkwardly in his seat at that bit.

The start seemed very Lord of the Rings though, I knew there were 9 rings for men, 7 for dwarves and 3 for elves (doh!), but 5 for the Olympic Committee?

Stuart

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 09:55:40 am »
Oh, and for additional Lord of the Rings influence, never mind the start depicting the Souring of the Shire, does anyone see a resemblence here?

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 10:09:18 am »
Were the three rings not for the elves?
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.