Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Geocaching  (Read 8706 times)

nudist18

Geocaching
« on: August 31, 2011, 12:54:34 am »
Okay, so recently I discovered something called geocaching. It is essentially GPS guided treasure hunting. You go to www.geocaching.com, make an account (either free or premium) and you can search their whole database for all of the geocaches near you. Now a geocache can come in many forms. A little tiny bison tube with a paper to sign, or a giant container with an item and log book. You can trade for the item with something of equal or better value, and you can sign the log book proving you where there. They are always hidden and they can be anywhere in the world! It is a ton of fun for all ages, and anybody can take part. So, I was wondering, are there any geocachers on the forum? Or if not, do you ever plan on trying it out?

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Re: Geocaching
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 01:00:07 am »
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

NudistJosh

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 02:46:33 am »
never heard of this before, but did a search and found some in my area, might have to go looking for them

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 02:43:04 pm »
Okay, so recently I discovered something called geocaching. It is essentially GPS guided treasure hunting. You go to www.geocaching.com, make an account (either free or premium) and you can search their whole database for all of the geocaches near you. Now a geocache can come in many forms. A little tiny bison tube with a paper to sign, or a giant container with an item and log book. You can trade for the item with something of equal or better value, and you can sign the log book proving you where there. They are always hidden and they can be anywhere in the world! It is a ton of fun for all ages, and anybody can take part. So, I was wondering, are there any geocachers on the forum? Or if not, do you ever plan on trying it out?

I looked into it but I am disappointed by underwater caches being nearly non-existent in my area :(
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

nudist18

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 05:41:17 pm »

I looked into it but I am disappointed by underwater caches being nearly non-existent in my area :(

To my understanding, underwater caches in general are extremely rare to find.

NudistJosh

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 06:30:01 pm »
i just got back from trying to find a geocache down the road, but couldn't find it, i think my gps was acting up tho

NudistJosh

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 09:41:09 pm »
I can see how this addicting, I found 3 geocaches today

kavikanudist

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 11:39:05 pm »
I have done this a few times and it is sooo much fun!

Offline Paul

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I go nude every day, cuz baby, I was born this way
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 08:50:21 pm »
I love geocaching!  My family is really big into it, and as a result I got "dragged" along a few times...I had so much fun I'm going to buy a GPS and start enjoying the hobby myself!
Slaínte,

Paul

NudistJosh

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 10:35:58 pm »
i been getting hooked on it, and got the family hooked, i'm working on hiding my first cache

Offline Paul

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I go nude every day, cuz baby, I was born this way
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 11:57:20 pm »
My father is a huge fan of geocaching, and has hidden a few caches.  He's the one that keeps encouraging me to pick up the hobby, since I love hiking and spending time outdoors.  I've gone a few times with him, and I've been giving the idea of hiding a few caches some thought.  I really need to get a good GPS first though (so I don't have to borrow one anymore, lol).
Slaínte,

Paul

NudistJosh

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 07:20:51 pm »
Found my 10th one today, this is becoming addicting  :4345

Offline vtcntryboy

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 07:34:28 pm »
I've been looking to purchase a new vehicle in the next few months and a Wrangler is at the top of my list -- I've seen quite a few mentions of geocaching on a few of the Jeep forums and didn't give it much thought, but never would I have imagined it was this exciting!  Just gives me one more reason to want one...

Offline Advent

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 08:09:32 pm »
Fair warning: a decent number of the 4x4-aimed Geocaches are toilet seats. That way they don't get stolen!
The last three days, the rain was unstoppable. It was always cold, no sunshine.