Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Geo Godley's Audition on X-Factor  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
Geo Godley's Audition on X-Factor
« on: October 03, 2011, 07:43:22 am »

I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this in, but I really think Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger need to grow the hell up.  Crikey, he could have done a lot worse things than just briefly expose his penis to the audience!

It's not like he was imitating G.G. Allin, who would probably have caused the girls to have a cardiac arrest right in their seats.   

"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Geo Godley's Audition on X-Factor
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 01:49:45 pm »
  Crikey, he could have done a lot worse things than just briefly expose his penis to the audience!

Technically he didn't even do that.  He was wearing a tie-dye G-string.  The producers of the show digitally used that huge X-Factor logo to cover it so that it would appear that he was naked, since they figured it was more sensational.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/x_factor/2011_Sep_22_geo-godley-not-naked

It's sort of like that time that Pam Anderson hosted Saturday Night Live and in her opening monologue she said that she wanted to do it naked and proceeded to strip.  Even though the censor blurs that were added it's clear that she was wearing a bikini that wasn't even close to the same color as her skin. 

Offline leedee

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 09:39:00 pm »
I think it was inappropriate at what he did.  But Paula and the audience reactions were absolutely ridiculous and overblown.

Offline bulletpr00f_m0nk

• Topless with bottoms
  • Just an average guy w/ not-so-average insights :)
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 03:10:26 am »
While Godley should have known he'd get burnt...nay, torched for pulling such a stunt on [inter]national television, I found Paula's obvious embellishment to be more disgusting.  She really came off looking like a snobby diva who thinks way too highly of herself relative to other people.

I must admit that I've never watched a full episode of American Idol...but now Paula has pretty much guaranteed that I'll never give X-Factor a chance either!

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 11:45:05 pm »
Geo Godley has now become a friend of mine on Vimeo.  Personally, I don't think that he was so much interested in winning the contest as he wanted to give the one-finger-salute to the whole show for its blatant exploitativeness. 

Paula Abdul needs to be slapped around the head and told to grow up.  ;-)
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline crasher35

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 02:56:48 am »
While Paula definitely blew that WAAAY out of proportion, I don't think I can side with Geo Godley either. I mean, that performance was more akin to a flasher on the street exposing himself to random people (even though he was wearing a tie-dye G-string). If he was trying to prove a point about the exploitative nature of the show and the industry, it was just completely lost. I think the whole thing, from Paula's reaction, to the unnecessary censoring, to Geo Godley's performance was really distasteful.

Offline SSKF

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 10:54:29 am »
well of course that kind of performance from that guy was absolutley not correct, there are so much talents out there, and when guys like this make things like this... i dont know this shows will have a bad name... but the reaction from the people and from this one jury member was totally overreactet... i mean its just a dick, i dont know... what will she do when her man is naked in front of her??? no seriously after i see this video i dont know what was more bad the performance or the people and the woman from the jury

fsjm2112

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 02:30:31 am »
Overall, his performance was rediculous..nothing to throw up or gag about, but just dumb. As for Paula, i really did not expect much more of here, she has always acted dumb and will act dumb on any show, she also likes to over emphasize and act things out ALOT! I also don't really see the point in showing so much of this clip on TV. IT did not offend me but really, i could care less about this idiot and his lousy performance. Some are funny at times and they are trying to make the show more entertaining, but i really dont feel like i gained or lost anything by watching this segment/ his performance.

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 05:28:05 am »
Mind you, Geo Godley's performance was NOWHERE near as bad or ridiculous as this one:

This woman is quite seriously, mentally ill after I saw her YouTube channel.  Ugggggh!!