News of IYNO and Announcements > FAQ and Information!

Picture on the front page?

(1/2) > >>

beachboy1:
Yes, I'd like to ask a question... who is the guy in the pic at the top of the main page, and what's he running away from? Is it from a film, and if so, which one and what's the story? Just curious really, it'd be interesting to know! Thanks :) 

Daft:
It's from Ryan McGinley, a famous photographer. But I don't know the "story" behind the photo.

WeisserWolf:
i donĀ“t know why, but i really love this picture..

Danee:

--- Quote from: Daft on October 09, 2011, 10:23:05 pm ---It's from Ryan McGinley, a famous photographer. But I don't know the "story" behind the photo.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Daft on October 09, 2011, 10:23:05 pm ---It's from Ryan McGinley, a famous photographer. But I don't know the "story" behind the photo.

--- End quote ---

As Dafty said, it is a McGinley photograph and his work is well mentioned in the Arts and Photography section. That photo is one of the models in one of his shootings, Coley.  It is an expressive photograph, as all of Ryan's work is, and this image and more, can be found in our Arts gallery at the top of the main page.

We at IYNO love his work as it expresses so much of what we believe in, and endorse. Fitness, outdoors, and, the act of being sans clothing being natural and above all, fun. 

Photographer Ryan McGinley, 1977, from the USA is one of those photographers that has reinvented photography. Although there are some similarities to be found with photographers as Nan Goldin, his photographs are much more joyfull and transmits carelessness and innocence. Recently he has been working on a series called Everybody knows this is nowhere.

In 2009 Ryan presented his book Moonmilk which was well received by critics worldwide. We'd like to show you some pictures from I know where the summer goes and some other projects of his.

beachboy1:
Thanks!!  The one with the fireworks is really striking too I think.  I agree, the one of the running youth ticks all those boxes!! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version